Easter Play Date:
We went to one of our friends (Nevie and Lachlan's) house to play, hunt for Easter eggs and build fairy houses in their fairy village. They have lots of land to run around and explore on, and Meo enjoyed visiting with their chickens, rabbits and cats. Meo also really enjoyed playing on the swing with Daddy and throwing his hat in the air.
![]() |
| Meo and Luke |
![]() |
| Hostesses |
![]() |
| Building a fairy house |
Arts and Crafts:
We made naturally dyed Easter eggs again this year. I used red cabbage to make blue, beets to make pink, tumeric to make yellow, and grape juice to make a violet splotchy egg (was supposed to be lavender).
After breakfast Easter morning, Meo and I decorated some paper eggs using shaving cream and paint. This was probably the most fun art project Meo and I have done to date! We just sprayed a bunch of Robbie's shaving cream on a plate, swirled in some paint, put the egg cutouts into the mess, let them sit for five minutes, then I scraped off the shaving cream gently with the back of a butter knife. I love how they turned out, and Meo loved making them!
![]() |
| my favorite egg |
Robinson Easter:
Last night, we put out a carrot on a bed of spinach for the Easter bunny. We are still working out how we want to celebrate holidays with the boys, so for now we just took the time to explain what Easter is for Christians and also how for others Easter is the celebration of spring and new life.
Then the Easter bunny ate some of that carrot and left a basket.
Easter morning was full of snuggles and smiles.
Meo is the one who took everything out of their basket, but I thought it was so sweet that without even being prompted he took out their new fraggle and brought it over to Link to hold before moving on to the rest of the basket.
The boys got a book called "Root Children" which is about how Mother Earth sends out her root children to fill the world with color and life in the spring. They seemed to enjoy it.
For breakfast we made cinnamon rolls in the shape of bunnies, Easter eggs, fruit salad and cheese.
![]() |
| Easter bunny going for a ride |
We took a nice walk in the woods. Meo wanted to be carried by Daddy the whole time, but Daddy didn't mind. And Link took a nap on me. So really Robbie and I took a walk.
Easter Family Celebration:
This year was special because it was the very first time we hosted a family holiday gathering at our house. I was tremendously excited about this because it's something I used to think about since I was a young girl. When our families said that it was okay to do it at our house, I was elated. Instead of feeling nervous about have 10 adults and 4 kids over for a dinner party, I felt happy, and that's rather unusual for me. Pepere, Memere, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Brian, Aunt Meagen, Bryce, Cheyanne, Aunt Sam and her friend Paige all came. Our boys were very excited!
The boys spent a lot of time outside hunting for Easter eggs (stuffed with little toy animals), playing on the swings, chasing Auntie Sam, and overall being merry. The weather was just perfect, so I think we all enjoyed the fresh air, sunshine and smiles.
For dinner, we somehow managed to fit all 10 adults around our table, Cheyanne in a highchair, and Bryce and Meo at the little table. We made homemade carrot soup (Paige said it was the best soup she ever had which made me quite happy because I was worried no one would eat it!), vegetarian lasagna (with spinach, cottage cheese, walnuts, mozzarella cheese, etc.), cheesy garlic knots and my parents brought some ham.
After a little intermission for some play time, we had dessert. Robbie and I made a light dessert of angel food cupcakes topped with homemade whipped cream and strawberries. Robbie's dad made a yummy dish called "clouds over sunrise" and Sam brought a chocolate cake from the bakery she works at.
Meo liked the cupcakes. A little too much!
Meo was a little crazy after everyone left...full of sugar, giggles and lots of awesome energy from seeing so many people he loved all at the same time. Both boys laughed a lot today and got lots of snuggles and had so much fun with their family. We are truly blessed that we were able to share this holiday with them today!
![]() |
| shirt untucked, one sleeve rolled up, missing sock, and whipped cream all over face...a good party |






























































































No comments:
Post a Comment