Saturday, May 17, 2014

5 Month Old Link Summary


Today was Link's half birthday; it's hard to believe it's already been that long! Five month old Link was surely something to behold. Our calm, easy-going, always smiling baby turned into a little fire ball. He is bursting with energy, he always wants to be moving or playing with toys, is full of screeches and giggles, but is still cuddly and loving. Just don't be fooled into moving in to kiss those juicy lips when he's excited...he might grab your hair, pull you and and slobber all over your face. He is pretty rough.


Here is a summary of five month old Link:
  •  Link is an expert roller, he can maneuver around a room to get to what he wants. He will roll over to get a good look at whoever is talking to him, then roll on his merry way.
  • He is very curious. He loves to investigate, especially books (for putting in his mouth mainly) and toys that Meo is playing with. Sometimes Meo gets frustrated with Link because Link wants to play with his toys too, so we've been learning about sharing.

  • Link is still the happiest baby I've ever seen. You can count on him smiling at you when you say hi to him, and sometimes I really need that bright eyed smile! I'm so grateful for his joy and love.
  • Link has the ability to sit up on his own now. If he is distracted and holding something, he sits up tall and with ease. The thing about Link though is that he is seemingly fearless, and completely cool with being on the floor where he can roll. So he will sit for a few seconds then just fall over and start rolling. He doesn't even try to catch himself or steady himself. He just falls on his back, face, side...whatever, no fussing about falling, and rolls on.
  • Link loves his jumparoo. We don't abuse the jumparoo and put him in all the time, but probably about once a day he gets to have some jumping time and he has so much fun with it. He spins around in his chair to play with all the toys (he especially loves to chew on his bug), and jumps like crazy.
  • He still sleeps usually in the Ergo Baby on me for his morning nap, takes a nap with me in the afternoon (because I need it to if we are home), and will sleep in my arms on the couch at night until I am ready for bed. Sometimes I put him in bed and sneak away, but he wakes up pretty quickly so I don't really do that often yet. I am enjoying these baby days where I get to hold my little love and snuggle him while he sleeps before we can't have that time together anymore. He grows so fast!
  • Link loves to be sung to and especially likes books that are sung out loud. It seems he is very musical like his brother! So far his favorite songs are "Husha my Baby", "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" (with hand gestures), and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
  • His "vocabulary" is expanding. He has certain sounds for when he wants to be picked up, when he wants more food, when he is really excited, when he's tired and wants to nurse, etc. It has been fun to see him start to develop more verbally.

No comments:

Post a Comment