Thursday, January 27, 2011

14th Week Appointment

I had another appointment with one of the Midwives today. Robbie went out of town on business last night, and wasn't going to be around for the appointment. So my mom spent the night in order to could go with me this morning. We had fun watching movies, eating yummy Leonardo's Pizza, and playing with the cats. The boys have gotten to know their Grammy very well since she has been coming a lot to keep me company while I walk dogs. They both cuddle with her and they love the cat grass chia pet she bought them.

Pi and Theta enjoying some yummy cat grass

The appointment today was just a quick one. They just checked my weight, urine, blood pressure, the baby's heart beat and asked if I had any questions. She found the heart beat right away and it was really loud and strong today beating at about 149 bpm. Mom really loved getting hear the baby so I am glad she was able to be there. I am thrilled that the baby is so healthy so far. My first trimester screenings all came back normal, hooray!

Fetus at 14 Weeks

The last couple of nights I have been having interesting dreams, both of which were about child birth. In the first dream I was lying flat on my belly on the ground and felt as though I was having a bowel movement. When I turned around, there was my baby! This time it was a boy and I named him Aspen. In my second dream, the labor was a little more intense. My water broke when I was at a doctor's office, but I realized I was in the wrong place and wanted to go where my midwives were. So even though I was in the midst of heavy labor, we got back in the car to go to the correct place where I had our baby. It was a boy again, and this time I actually got to hold the baby and breastfeed him. I even got to to take him to a family function where I started nursing him because he was hungry. Then I realized he went poop, but I hadn't bought diapers yet. Luckily, my sister-in-law, Nicole, was there with her baby Bryce and let me use some of her diapers even though they were a little too big. It felt so wonderful and natural to hold and kiss my baby, and somehow just having that dream made me even more excited and a lot less scared.

3 comments:

  1. Glad all is well with you and baby! I like the name aspen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had wild delivery dreams too- once when I lay on a table watching CJ give birth through the screen of a microwave oven.... and had to cart the poor child around a dark WalMart parking lot naked looking for the entrance to get in and buy him some diapers and clothes. I hope that makes you feel better! ;)
    Dreams are a good way to work out fears and anticipations. So leave the scary ones in bed and know that you're going to make a great Mom, and this babe will be just fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's too funny Elle! I think you are right about working out fears and anticipations. I think I've been worried that I won't be very excited once my baby is born, but I was so happy and in love in my dream I don't know how I possibly couldn't be anymore.

    ReplyDelete