Tuesday, February 15, 2011

17 Weeks and Super Forgetful

I am 17 weeks pregnant already! As you could probably see from the last set of baby bump photos, I have certainly been expanding the last few weeks. Today was tough for me. I had adventure, but I woke up feeling sore and nauseous. I ended up throwing up before breakfast, and the small sharp pains in the sides of my lower abdomen continued throughout my 3 hours of dog walking. The pains weren't intolerable, just annoying. I noticed every bump in the car, and every step I took. When I got home I found someone to walk the east end dogs for me and just laid down for about 4 hours. That did the trick; I haven't had any pain since I've gotten home. I read in my pregnancy book that it was probably just growing pains. Nonetheless, I'll mention it to my midwife on my next appointment. Apparently I was supposed to have an appointment yesterday, but they don't call to remind you about the 20 minute visits and so I completely forgot about it. I was organizing my schedule this afternoon and found my appointment card and am super bummed I missed it. Hopefully they can fit me in sometime this week. I hope they aren't mad at me! I am so forgetful all the time time! It can be so frustrating, I need to find a better system of organizing my appointments.

EDIT: The next day, the midwives called back in response to my phone message during which I tried to reschedule. Apparently my appointment is 2/24 not 2/14 and I had written it down wrong! So I didn't miss my appointment after all, phew!

Development of the fetus at 17 weeks

2 comments: