 |
| Development at 37 Weeks |
I have found myself slowing down quite a bit this week. Though I have been making sure to keep up with exercising (we went swimming at the beach twice, I had water aerobics, yoga, and went for several walks) I definitely haven't be moving around at as vigorous a pace. I find that I have a lot of pressure in my pelvis after I walk for a bit, I get tired more easily, and I still get out of breath quickly even though the baby has dropped down. It's definitely a good thing I stopped working when I did, I can't imagine having to walk multiple dogs in the state I was in this week, never mind the heat. So far I have been tolerating the heat fairly well. Before being pregnant, I really loved being warm and would keep a blanket on me at night even on the hottest nights. Now I haven't been sleeping with any blankets, and I have been needing to use air conditioning in the car (which is something I would never do before). I still go out and walk when its hot out and feel fine, but I definetly am more effected by heat than I used to be.
As far as other symptoms during this last stretch of pregnancy, I have been having a bit of nausea again to the point where I've even thrown up a couple of times. It's different than the morning sickness I had my first (and pert of second) trimester in that it doesn't last as long and kind of just comes on quickly before or after I eat breakfast. The midwife said it's okay for me to feel like this, and it is normal as long as it doesn't happen all the time (which so far it doesn't). Also, I have been sleeping even less at night now (I wasn't sure that was possible). I find that my bladder must be the size of a pea and I literally have to get up every 1-2 hours. This might be prevented by not drinking so much water, but if I don't continue to drink through the night I wake up with a headache and a dry throat (even with the humidifier on). But I usually feel pretty awake during my night walks, and find myself looking at the clock and calculating how many more hours I need to try to sleep until it is a more acceptable time to wake up. I would never do that before I was pregnant...I love sleeping and would always be sad as I saw it was getting closer and closer to morning. I guess I really am on a mommy schedule now, which is for the best I suppose. Finally, I have been experiencing a bit more swelling in my hands and feet. Mostly it comes in the form of stiffness and usually only when I'm hot. But I've noticed the my arches are less flexible than they used to be, which is an interesting thing to adjust for. Also, I am glad I took off my wedding ring and wear it around my neck instead, it would certainly be very tight these days!
Mattimeo seems to be doing well. In all the pregnancy books I read, they say that the baby should start slowing down and not moving as much in the 9th month of pregnancy. But not our Meo; I think he has been even more active than before. He loves to stretch out and make himself as big as possible which forces me to move into poses to make my tummy as roomy as possible (otherwise I can't breath). He also rolls, kicks and punches a lot. Sometimes I can feel both of his little heels jutting out just under my ribs. And when he rolls, my head feels flooded and I get a wave of slight dizziness, which a very interesting feeling. He is most active during and after meal times, though he also moves a lot now when I am in the pool or even when I am trying to walk around. I think he is going to have strong muscles when he comes out of me.
This week was a great week. Robbie had Monday and Tuesday off because of the fourth of July, and we went to the beach both days. On Monday, we went to Bay View in Saco. It was pretty packed, but it was a really nice day to beach anyways. I went swimming in the ocean for the first time this season, which was really cold at first but eventually wonderfully refreshing. The only bummer about going to the beach pregnant is not being able to lay on your back to dry off in the sun. Robbie dug me a big hole to see if I could lay on my belly in the cool sand. That ended up not being very comfortable either, and I just got more uncomfortable being covered in sand. The second day we went the Ferry Beach State Park with my mom. There weren't as many people on the beach that day, and we had fun swimming for a long time again. Robbie decided to use the bucket we got at our baby shower to build a sand block fort around me; I felt very safe and secure.
 |
| Robbie at Ferry Beach |
 |
| Robbie at Ferry Beach |
 |
| I think Robbie is going to be a great dad :) |
 |
| Robbie at Ferry Beach |
 |
| Minecraft in real life |
Monday night we celebrated the Fourth of July with friends. We met up at someones house for some homemade lemonade, then headed down to the eastern prom to lounge on blankets with drinks and french fries to listen to the symphony and watch the fireworks. I was a little bit nervous about going to see fireworks so late into my pregnancy, but I covered my belly with blankets to dampen the sound. Meo definitely started wiggling around a bit more when the fireworks started, but I rubbed my belly the whole time and that seemed to sooth him the rest of the time. I'm glad we ended up going; it was fun being with all of our friends and I had never been to the fireworks with an orchestra playing at the same time.. I enjoyed that a lot. Plus, I thought the fireworks were good this year.
 |
| Red, white and blue Fourth of July breakfast (strawberry and blueberry whole wheat pancakes) |
Tuesday night we had a few freinds over to play a game of Mansions of Madness. Its a really fun cooperative game where you have to try to find clues and solve a mystery before something bad happens to everyone (there are lots of different scenarios). Pi was excited; he loves watching us play board games. He always sits in the empty box (I tell him to stay in there so he doesn't walk on the board and knock down pieces) and watches us play.
 |
| Playing Mansions of Madness with Pi watching |
 |
| Pi loves his monkeys and also loves sitting in boxes |
Wednesday I had prenatal water aerobics and Robbie played racquetball with Gib. Thursday I had prenatal yoga and Robbie played squash with Gib. Friday I took a delightful walk with my Mom and sister, Sam. In the evening Robbie and I went to play board games with a whole bunch of friends. We used to have a weekly game night but it had stopped for a while. Now it has been reinstated (except it will be every other week) and I am pretty excited about that. It's really nice to have that time to all be together and have fun. On Saturday, Robbie and I took a 1.5 hour walk/hike in the Falmouth Nature Preserve. It was hot out, but we were in the shade of the forest and it was a beautiful day for a walk. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and packing our suitcase for the hospital (since I could go into labor at any time now!). Today (Sunday) was my other mom (Sue's) birthday and my Dad planned a fun cookout birthday party for her. We sat out on the deck and ate corn on the cob and kabobs, had some birthday cake, and chatted. Robbie and I got her some flowers (some tall rudbeckias) and Robbie planted them while Sam sprayed Harley with the hose. It was a great day, and a great end to my 37th week.
 |
| Dad cooking kabobs |
 |
| The birthday girl :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment