Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: The Complete Guide by Penny SimkinMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I think this guide was excellent. I like how it was structured; it made it easy for me to look up questions I had throughout my pregnancy. I like that it just gave the most basic and important information that you need to know. This allows you to to read other books that more specifically suit your ideals about specific topics. For instance, I chose to also read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method to learn more about childbirth and how I want to prepare for it. But if you are a busy person or don't like to read a ton, this book could stand on its own because it covers a little bit of everything. I especially appreciated the section about newborn care as this is our first baby and I really just wanted to know the basics of what to expect after he is born so that I don't feel overwhelmed. This book was perfect for that.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment