![]() |
| Fetal development at 41 weeks |
Wow, I never thought I would make it this far. I was so convinced that because of the amount of exercise I did all through pregnancy and then seeing a couple of my friends give birth at week 30-31 that I would have trouble not birthing Meo prematurely. I guess I shouldn't have been worried about that! Apparently I should be worried about Meo clawing his way out of my womb though (just kidding, I just think it's interesting that the fetal development ticker update for this week just says "baby's hair and nails continue to grow everyday"). The main thing I was actually worried about once I got to 40 weeks is that little Mattimeo is going to get really big and he's not going to fit into any of his cute newborn clothes when he comes out. I know this is a silly thing to worry about, I am sure he will be the right size for my body. Plus, one of my friends told me he was born 3 weeks after his due date and was 7 pounds and 7 ounces, which sounds great to me! I would love for him to be between 7 and 8 pounds.
Everything is going well. I still feel really good, I just have more trouble getting around and am crampy more often. But I feel really happy, healthy, and still love walking, swimming and yoga. This weekend we thought for sure he was going to be born. I was having contractions off and on all day on Saturday, then on Saturday night they picked up and I was having them every 3-4 minutes and they were about a minute long. The midwives had told me to call when my contractions ever get to that point, so I called at 10:30 pm. The midwife on call asked me a bunch of questions about how I was feeling and what the contractions were like. She said that since I was able to walk around and talk really easily and because I felt like I would have no problem going to sleep that I probably should just go to sleep. She said I could take a warm bath to slow things down, or try to take a warm shower to get things going. She also said I could come into the hospital to get checked, but there would be a chance that I would just be sent home if things were still early. I decided to just stay home and try to get some sleep. Robbie and I actually ended up making ice cream sundaes and playing a board game before bed and the contractions slowed down a lot. By morning I wasn't really having them anymore. Yesterday and today I have just been having contractions off and on so I guess I'm still not quite ready. Hopefully soon though!
Robbie and I haven't been wanting to go anywhere far outside of Portland just in case I go into labor, so we've been taking lots of walks and doing stuff around here. These past few days we went to the farmer's market, took a walk at Gilsland Farm, went out to dinner with Dad and Sue, looked around some shops, went out to ice cream with Dad and Sue, read books, played board games (we have been playing a lot of Ascension, which is an awesome game that our friend Rob bought for us- thanks Rob!), and I just took a nice long walk with my Mom. So it has been nice, but I am definitely excited for Meo to be born and to start taking him on little adventures!
![]() |
| Game that our friend Rob got for us that Robbie and I have been playing 4-5 times a day |
My boss from Portland's Paws just stopped by and gave Meo some really cute board books about puppies and kittens, plus an adorable onsie with a pup on it. That was sweet, thank you! Seeing her and the two dogs that were with her in the car really made me miss my job and seeing the dogs everyday. That really was the best job ever! Maybe we will just have to get a puppy of our own sometime soon... :)


Congratulations!!! I'm very existed for you. I will be sending good vibes your way, and I hope that everything runs smoothly for the little one. Much Love. Best Wishes.
ReplyDelete-Crystal M. xox
P.S. The board games and ice cream sounds amazing! And I'm sure the baby clothes will look adorable. hehe.
Thanks Crystal!! :)
ReplyDelete