Sunday, January 22, 2012

Play dates galore!

We had 3 great play dates in 48 hours!


Visiting Kasia and Henry

Kasia, Henry (8 months), Meo (5 1/2 months) and I

First we went to see our good friends, Kasia and Henry, for the morning. Kasia made us some delicious breakfast. While she was cooking, Meo and I hung out with Henry while he did some crazy spinning/dancing/jumping in his Jonny-Jump-Up. He was having a blast; so cute!

Henry (8 months)

During lunch Meo was very much trying to grab onto whatever I put in my mouth (as usual); this boy is ready to eat food. Kasia gave them some spoons to play with so they felt like active participants during the meal. After breakfast, Henry took a nap and Meo and I did some Itsy Bitsy Yoga and read one of Henry's books. I also got to spend some quality time with Kasia, which is always wonderful.

Kasia and Mattimeo

Play Date at Sarah's house

After morning fun at Kasia's, we headed over to Sarah's house to have a play date with a whole bunch of mommy and babies. Sarah made the get together snowman themed and made adorable snowman cookies.



We even got to do an art project! Each of us got to make our own snowmen with our babies' footprints for noses and hand prints for flowers in their hats. That was Meo's very first art project and it was lots of fun!

Making Meo's snowman

Meo's first art project (5 months)

Renovia inking up Dominic's foot

Erika and Neve decorating their snowwoman

A couple of snowwomen

I feel like I spent the majority of the play date trying to get Meo to take a nap. I tried nursing him to sleep three different times, tried wearing him in a baby carrier twice, and even tried putting him in a rocking cradle to no avail.

"Meo, go to sleep!"

That was the longest stretch of time he has ever gone without a nap, but he did a good job at not being fussy and managed to have fun with his baby friends.

Midnight chillin' despite all the noisy babies surrounding him

Sharon and Brayden

Dominic exploring the world



"Hey Neve, I want the car!"

Meo driving

Sharon and Brayden

Meo playing

Neve having some water :)

Sarah and Carter

Sharon and Brayden

Ella

Mattimeo also managed to say, "Mama" twice while we were there! Once when he was in the rocker and he was arching his back to get out and another time while he was trying to roll during a diaper change. It melts my heart to hear him say it and I'm glad I had lots of witnesses! I still don't think Robbie really believes me that he has been saying it!


Tea and Tummy Time

Birth Roots Buds class

The next day we had Tea and Tummy Time at one of the mom's from my Birth Roots Buds classes. We had a couple instances of Tea and Tummy time after we graduated, but it had been months! So of course all the babies are much bigger now and it was exciting to reunite with both babies and mammas. Amy has a beautiful house and we enjoyed reconnecting with everyone while sipping on nursing tea (as well as an assortment of other teas) and munched on some delicious food.

Magda, Lucy and Meo chillin'

Meo played in a jumparoo for a while (it was just like ours with different themed toys) and entertained everyone with his crazy jumping antics. He loves those things!

Crazy baby in the jumparoo

He would not take a nap again, but I anticipated that so I planned on leaving after only a couple hours so he could nap in the car. Meanwhile, Robbie was at the mall a half hour away where I dropped him off on my way so he could get his hair cut and go shopping for pants. Unfortunately I had to leave Robbie at the mall longer than I intended. It had been snowing all day, and when I started backing down the long driveway I didn't realize that I was off to the side in the soft dirt. By the time I realized it, I was pretty deep in the snow slipping ever so closely to the ditch. I tried maneuvering myself back onto the drive for a while, but only managed to make it worse. I even had the bright idea to put the car in neutral and try pushing it myself, but realized how stupid that was as I glimpsed Meo sleeping in the back seat and imagined the car sliding out of control down the hill. So, defeated, I trotted back to the house to tell the other moms. Five of them came to help me push the car out of the ditch, but we were not successful. Fortunately a lot of them had AAA (we do not, but apparently should), and one mom called them for me. While I was waiting for the tow-truck to arrive, one of the other moms got stuck in the snow too! So the tow-truck ended up having to yank two of us out of the snow. So funny! Silly end to a fabulous morning.

Buds

1 comment: