Last Sunday was Robbie's first Father's Day! And what a fantastic father he's been. From night time diaper duty to wearing Meo on his back for hours so that I can go out for an evening with friends, Robbie has been an amazing partner. He knows how to get Meo laughing hysterically, he sings Meo him sweetly, he has a fun bath time with him every night, he's patient and kind; I couldn't be happier than having Robbie as the father to my son. To celebrate, we had a weekend full of fun.
Robbie and Mattimeo in the bath on Father's Day (10 months)
On Saturday we went to a drive-in movie with my mom, step dad, sister, brother, and nephew. We saw Madagascar 3 (even though none of us had seen the first two) and What to Expect when your Expecting. The first movie was an animated children's film that was quite fast paced and pretty funny. At least Robbie was laughing throughout the movie. But after it was over, Robbie said, "now I know what it is like the have ADHD"; it was pretty chaotic. Mattimeo seemed to like it though, because for the first half hour of the movie or so he was glued to the screen while sitting on my mom's lap. Eventually he started getting tired though, so I nursed him and he snuggled outside with me for a while until about 9:30 pm when he bit me and I decided he was ready for bed. Robbie changed him into a fresh diaper and pjs (which neither really enjoyed), then stuck him in his car seat. He fell asleep almost immediately. Amazingly, Meo did not wake up for the rest of the movie, or the next movie, or when we brought Sam home, or on our ride home. In fact, he didn't wake up until we got home at 1 am and I woke him up to bring him in the house! What a great job Meo! Since Meo did such a good job sleeping, we were really able to enjoy the second movie. The film was a comedy geared towards fathers and men soon to be expecting sons. It had a good cast and was entertaining. I wouldn't say that I loved the movie, but I enjoyed it and was happy we went. Robbie enjoyed it as well. Thanks to my family for joining us for a fun night out.
My family at the drive-in
My mom and Dana in the corvette :)
Mema playing with her grandsons
Mema and her grandsons
My mom and sister
Sam, Mema and Bryce
Cousins
Bryce playing with Meo's cups
"Where are you going Meo?"
Meo checking out the snack bar
Mattimeo (10 months)
Bryce watching the movie
Meo loved watching the movie
On Father's Day morning, we went out to breakfast with Robbie's parents at a new diner in Limerick. They had amazing food; I think that was the best spinach and cheese omelet I ever had! Meo enjoyed it too, he ate a bunch of my omelet, some puffs, some fruit, a half a piece of toast, and some potatoes! Sometimes he amazes us with how much he can stuff into his belly. Did I mention he's 22 pounds now?! Thank you Robinson's for a great breakfast!
Father's Day morning
Father's Day morning
Robbie picked out his outfit: Star Trek onesie and Star Wars shoes :)
Breakfast with the Robinson's
Meo eating some toast
chomp
When we got home, Robbie and his dad opened up their presents before Meo took his nap. We got both Dana and Robbie's dad some really nice beer for gifts. Robbie's parents gave Robbie a cute shirt from Mount Washington. I was really, really excited to give Robbie his present from Meo and I because we put so much work into it. First, I let Meo have his first ever painting session. I bout some washable, non-toxic paints, stripped Meo down to his diaper, and with some help from my mom, let me go crazy. Needless to say he had a blast painting pictures.
Directing Meo to the red paint
Meo painting
Helping Meo paint
Meo painting
Painting with Meo
Budding artist
Messy baby!
Art
Meo loved painting
Messy!
Meo was in need of a bath after that.
Heading off to the bath
Waiting for the water
Waiting to take a bath
Bath time for messy Meo (10 months)
A few days later, when the paintings were dry, I cut out the letters D A D from them and then had a photo shoot with Meo. I let Meo hold the letters while I took a million pictures. In the end, I would use them to spell out DAD and frame them so that Robbie could put it on his desk at work. I got a lot of cute pictures and had a difficult time deciding which ones to print. Here are some of the ones I took:
In the end, I decided on these three photos:
Robbie's first Father's Day present
And I made him a card with this photo:
Robbie's first Father's Day card
Robbie seemed to really like it, and was excited to show off his cute baby boy to his coworkers on Monday.
After opening presents, I put Meo down for a nap and Robbie and I played the board game Race for the Galaxy. It's a fun game that my mom had gotten Robbie for his birthday. This time, I let him win ;).
Once Meo woke up, it was time to go visit my dad. My sister was at my parents house as well, and we all enjoyed a nice afternoon outside playing with bubbles and having a cookout.
Harley like the bubbles
Meo catching a bubble
Bubbles!
Looking up at the bubbles
Robbie blowing bubbles
Sam and Meo
My parents have a Harley (and also named there youngest dog Harley), and had spent the past several days biking around with their friends at Laconia and other more scenic places. They brought Meo and Bryce back some cute souvenirs.
Memere and Pepere gave Meo some souvenirs from Bike Week
My Dad doesn't drink, so we got him a treat to satisfy his sweet tooth instead.
Dad and Sue (reading our card)
Cupcake decorate like a grill and a cream horn from Whole Foods
That night, Robbie hopped in the bath and had a fun time with Mattimeo. I never heard Meo laugh so hard!
What a great weekend we had celebrating with all the dads! I am blessed to have so many wonderful fathers in my life!
I have Never seen meo laugh so hard! That was so adorable! What a wonderful weekend, I'm glad I could take part in making Robby's present ;)
ReplyDelete