![]() |
| Earthquake fatality |
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Earthquake!!!
We interrupt this normally scheduled San Francisco posting to tell you that us Robinsons just experienced our first earthquake! Right here in Maine! Not only that, but our house was right on the epicenter! It was so crazy! I was sitting at the dinner table with Robbie's parents when our world started shaking violently. We all just stared at each other, mouths gaping, trying to figure out what was going on. The floor lamps were swaying, lights were flickering, stuff on shelves were clattering. Robbie's parents thought there was an explosion someplace. I thought it was an earthquake...but at the same time I thought that I was being rediculous because why on earth would there be an earthquake in Maine? They must be right, something must have exploded. Are we being bombed?? Meanwhile, Robbie was in the other room giving Meo a bath thinking that a bulldozer was smashing into our house repeatedly. Apparently Meo was so unphased that he kept playing with his cups in the bath. My heart was pounding and my legs were shaking as I ran to Robbie to see if Meo was okay and to tell him to get Meo out of the bath. Robbie's Dad went outside to see if anyone else felt the shaking, and all of our neighbors were all outside wondering the same thing. All the phone lines were down, but internet and texting still worked so it wasn't long before our Facebook newsfeed was full of status updates about people's earthquake experiences and links to information about the quake, confirming my initial assumption; earthquake. The funny thing was that everyone ran outside because they thought their furnaces were exploding! Thankfully it looks as though no one got hurt in the earthquake. Here, the only damage was a couple tilted pictures and some broken nick-knacks...thank goodness! I guess the earthquake was a 4.6 on the Richter scale, and apparently people felt it all over New England. What an unexpectedly crazy night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment