Monday, February 4, 2013

A full Friday

This Friday was so very, very full of activity, but fun. We began with an early morning wake up as Papa rushed around frantically trying to get Meo and I out the door in a timely fashion so he wouldn't be late for work. Have I mentioned that Robbie hates when Meo and I have to drive in with him? Anyways, after we dropped Robbie off to work, Meo and I went to music class.


I knew that we had a busy day planned, so when Meo was doing lots of eye rubbing and tired fussing all throughout class I was weary that it was going to be a long day indeed. Fortunately that tiredness was somewhat sidestepped as he was able to enjoy parts of his music class. Other parts he just screached, and I think our friends were a bit surprised to see what a tired Meo could sound like. I was glad he at least got something out of the class.






In music class, they really enjoy putting shakey eggs into tubes



In music class, they really enjoy putting shakey eggs into tubes



Carter!


I love the look Conor is giving Meo hehe

Conor pointing at Meo









After class, I was feeling brave and decided to bring Children's Museum despite his obvious exhaustion. The main reason was my sweet nephew Bryce was meeting us there with my brother, Meagan, my mom and my sister. Plus our usual mama and baby friends would be there too. I thought it was at least worth the effort. And it was, he managed to forget he was tired for the most part. He had fun running around to his various favorite haunts. We enjoyed having lunch with my family at the end of our visit too.

Meagan, Mema, Bryce and Meo

Mema and Meo


Bryce and Meo

Bryce and Meo

Bryce and Meo


Bryce



"Watch the head!"

"Oh dear, it's hard to walk while squatting and holding a heavy ball"

Brian, Meagan and Bryce in the firetruck

Mema and Meo

Auntie Sam is here!

Mama and Meo

Sam, Bryce and Mema

Bryce watching Meo as he does his periodic check on the digital whale who makes lots of noise



Tying Bryce's shoe

What a walk Mr. Meo is doing







Bryce


Turtles!

Kiss!







My siblings

Siblings

After lunch, Mattimeo enjoyed a 2.5 hour long time in the car while I drove to Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth and parked. I got some reading done, but I also got in a nice, much needed nap.


Once we were both rested, our friends Christina and Greyson joined us and we walked along the paths with their handsome dog Samuel enjoying the sounds of the crashing waves and pretty views as the sun began its decent.



He was engrossed in the loud, crashing ocean waves




"Mama, pick me up!"



Samuel looking regal

Christina and Greyson

Christina and Greyson

Samuel jogging along the trail



Meo and I went to pick Robbie up from work after that, and thanks to a very generous friend we were treated to Panera Bread for dinner, enabling us to stay in town long enough to participate in the Art Walk for a little while with some of our friends. I

This is Meo's intense "Give me some more of that mac and cheese" face



t was bitterly cold outside and Meo got tired quite quickly (and not willing just to sleep in the carrier as he was probably freezing), so we just got to see our friend Gib's work up at the Hilltop Cafe. But it was still nice to visit with our friends at least for a little while, because it is so rare we are able to hang out with them in the evenings anymore.

Robbie and Meo looking at Gib's art at the Hilltop Cafe

Meo and I walking with friends

Sweet Meo fell right asleep in the car. When we got home he woke up a bit, so he had a soothing bath with Papa to help wind down and wash away the days wear and grime. I got him a Sandra Boyton Bath Time book and that has been a huge hit in the bath. He asks to be read it over and over again I guess.


"Check out this sea horse Theta!"



And that concludes our very very busy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. what a fun full day!!! im so glad i was part of it, i had a great time!!!! love that you take meo to music class, i realy got to go some time, such a good mama!!! great pictures!!! thank you for making a blog muahh love you

    ReplyDelete