I have been reading Adventures in Tandem Nursing: Breastfeeding During Pregnancy and Beyond by Hilary Flower (an excellent book by the way, I'll be sure to tell you more about it later), and very early on in the book it discusses the importance of self care. Since nursing a toddler, growing a baby inside you, and trying to live life is very taxing on your body, it's very important to take care of that body otherwise not just you, but the toddler and developing baby will suffer as well. She suggests make a list of 10 things you do that help you feel nurtured and relaxed and find time to do each thing at least once a week. So I came up with this list and stuck it on the fridge. Robbie agrees that this is a reasonable goal.
I feel nurtured and relaxed when I…
• Do yoga.
• Take a bath.
• Read a novel.
• Go for a run.
• Watch a movie.
• Have time to work on an art/craft project.
• Work on my permaculture project.
• Do a conservation related activity (reading, volunteering, class)
• Write in my blog.
• Have a massage/back rub.
No comments:
Post a Comment