Sunday, March 24, 2013

Theta love

Have I ever mentioned how much Mattimeo loves our cat Theta?

Where I found Meo when I lost track of him trying to get ready for a diaper change

Well he does. In fact, he's borderline obsessed. He pats and kisses Theta whenever Theta sits still long enough for him. Sometimes Theta even lets Meo lay his head on his puffy belly. And Meo apparently thinks about Theta all day long, because often times out of no where (even when we are not at home), he will start chatting on and on about "Theta, Theta, Theta, meeeeeooooow, Theta Theta!"

19 months old

19 months old

I think Theta really loves Meo too, even if sometimes he plays hard to get. When we are home, Theta takes a lot of naps with Meo, and they are so cute together. Just today, Theta crawled into bed next to Meo during his nap. I left Meo's door open and went into my bed to take a nap myself. All three of us took a really good nap, and when I woke up two hours later it was the sound of Meo waking up and seeing Theta beside him and saying "Theta, Theta!" followed shorty by Theta trotting into my room followed by Meo.

nap time (19 months)

Just mentioning Theta's name at any point during the day brings a huge smile to his face. And he's also started helping me feed Theta. Poor Theta has some digestive system issues, and we are experimenting with raw food diet which seems to be helping. However, Theta needs coaxing to eat it, so I have to sit with him and feed him pieces at first to get him going. Meo has learned to yell out Theta's name when it's time for Theta to come eat, and he likes to sit next to me and giggle while I feed Theta.

I am sure Meo loves Pi too, but Pi never sits still for Meo and Meo has a harder time to say his name for some reason so we don't hear as much about Pi. But he loves to chase Pi around the house, and Pi seems to enjoy it too. Meo actually calls Pi "Theta" sometimes, so perhaps to him "Theta" means cat. Either way, he loves his feline brothers, especially when they let him cuddle with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment