Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hearbeat

Yesterday I had my first appointment with an actual midwife (last time it was just with the medical assistant) and everything looks great! It is fun being back at Back Cove where everyone knows me and is excited to see Meo when we come because they helped make him a reality. Little Meo and Robbie came with me this time, and had fun playing in the waiting room while I got a check-up. I could here Meo saying, "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" and "Up, Up, Up!" in the waiting area; so cute. The only one bummer is my blood test came back showing my iron is pretty low, so now I am taking an iron supplement. So now I have my three prenatal vitamins, a vitamin D supplement, an omega 3 supplement and an iron supplement to take everyday. At least I have one of those pill organizer things so I don't forget to take them all!

Once the check-up part was done, Ellie had Robbie and Meo come in so they could hear the baby's heartbeat with me for the first time. Meo was nervous, but then when he saw me he said, "Hey Mama!" and was fine. He proceeded to make the goofiest faces at me while Ellie pushed the doppler over my belly, and I had to look away from him because I couldn't stop laughing (which makes the doppler go crazy). Once I got my giggles under control though we heard a beautiful, strong heartbeat, and just like that the pregnancy felt more real to a certain Papa, and a certain Mama felt relieved that the baby is as healthy as can be. Even Meo looked amazed! Baby had a heartbeat of around 172-174 bpm.

We are so excited and happy to be growing another little member to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment