Robbie and I set up Meo's birthday presents the night before so they were all ready when he woke up. Actually, I was up until midnight finishing the apron I hand-sewed him because I really wanted it to be ready for him in the morning even though he probably wouldn't care if it was given to him next week. His apron was made from Brown Bear, Brown Bear fabric that I bought to use as a table cloth for his first birthday party (http://ouvrezvosyeuxjdr.blogspot.com/2012/08/mattimeo-turns-1-part-1.html). I'll have to write a post about how I made the apron sometime. The apron was to go along with his other birthday present; a nice wooden play kitchen. The kitchen came with pots and pans, utensils and some food. But we also bought a wooden play cake set that our pediatrician raved about (her daughter just turned to as well) and set it up with two candles for him to pretend to blow out in the morning.
![]() |
| Hand-sewn Brown bear, Brown Bear apron I made Meo |
![]() |
| New play kitchen! |
This morning, we brought Meo downstairs and sang happy birthday to him as we presented his wooden birthday cake. He was excited, but thought that the cake was real and was disappointed that he couldn't actually eat it. Thus began the start of him learning about pretend food (and me having to promise him that he could have real cake after dinner...which meant we would have to get something since I hadn't actually planned on giving him any until his party).
Then we showed him his kitchen and right away he busied himself making some soup and eggs. The kitchen is just the right size for him and the apron fit perfectly so we were all very pleased.
For breakfast he had one of his favorites: yogurt with granola and some fresh blueberries. He also had a little bit of french toast.
During breakfast, I asked Meo how he wanted to spend his birthday and he said, "Cows? See animals, chickens, goats, cows, horses", so off after we dropped Robbie off to work we headed straight over to Smiling Hill Farm. There he especially enjoyed climbing on the big wooden vehicles, sliding down the slide, feeding the goats and sheep, and seeing the cute baby bunnies. One of the mama goats was particularly enthusiastic about being fed today and actually knocked Meo over, which he didn't care for one bit, but at least he was able to enjoy feeding the kid goats.
![]() |
| "Llama, Llama!" |
After the farm, we went home to eat lunch and take a nap. Meo had fun playing with his new kitchen in the afternoon among some of other favorite day-to-day activities around the house.
![]() |
| He loves his birthday cake |
Then we drove to Whole Foods so Mattimeo could pick out his very own cupcake to have for dessert that night. After we picked up Daddy, I made one of Meo's favorite meals: macaroni and cheese. But this recipe was especially special because I found the stove-top macaroni and cheese recipe that Panera Bread uses and Meo absolutely adores. We mixed in some peas for veggies and Meo loved it.
After dinner, of course, we gave Meo the giant octopus cupcake he picked out earlier in the day. We sang happy birthday to him and lit two candles. To our amazement, he was able to blow them both out! He then proceeded to devour the mile high pile of frosting on top of his cupcake. The cupcake was so large that Robbie and I helped him eat it and between the three of us, we were unable to finish it. It was delicious though!
Then Robbie and Meo had their usual bath time together, followed by playing LEGOs, blocks, and reading Happy Birthday to You by Dr. Suess as become a Robinson family birthday tradition. I know I had a great day with my birthday boy, and I'd like to think that Meo had a lot of fun as well. We are excited to celebrate his birthday with his family and friends this weekend, but it was special to have a intimate and fun-filled day together on this very special day. I still can't believe it's already been two years since I birthed my beautiful boy and first gazed into his big, curious, loving eyes (http://ouvrezvosyeuxjdr.blogspot.com/2011/08/birth-story.html)
![]() |
| Meo's birth day; August 7, 2011 |
































No comments:
Post a Comment