Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fryeburg Fair 2013

Today we went to the Fryeburg Fair with my brother and his family, my sister, and my mom.


It was only the second time I had ever been to the Fryeburg Fair, the other one I don't remember very well because I was very young. This was Meo's first time to go to any fair, and he was very excited to see animals.



Perched on Dada

Here comes Bryce and Auntie Sam!

Our first stop was "Old McDonald's Farm" where we fed and petted lots of goats and sheep.

Just about 33 weeks pregnant







Giggling!



Then we had a very unhealthy fair lunch of cheese fries and katsup.

Brian and Bryce

Cousins with their Daddies


Meo and Bryce

Baby Cheyanne (2 months)

Mmmm, cheese fries

We spent the majority of the time at the fair looking at the animals. There were lots of rabbits, cows, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, horses, donkeys, and more. The baby bunnies were especially cute, and if I could have convinced Robbie we would have went home with one today.



baby bunnies!


Checking out a sweet, little calf






Cheyanne and Meo


My family!

My family!



Mema and Cheyanne



Meo kept saying "llama llama, red pajama!" the whole time we were in the llama barn





Bryce





I think Meo's favorite part of the fair was seeing the baby chicks. They had ones that were hatching before our eyes, and ones who had hatched within the last day or two. They were really sweet to watch.







The low point of the fair for me was when I was starting to feel really tired and sore from so much walking (I am about 33 weeks pregnant now AND I did a 3 mile walk for Alzheimer's Disease yesterday), we decided to check out the horse pulls and I had to trot out because it made me cry. I've been riding horses for years, and I've even used a whip myself with some stubborn horses, but I had never before witnessed so brutal whipping from grown men. Being the hormonal woman I am, it tipped me over the edge and I couldn't help tearing up.


Overall though, it was a great day at the fair and I'm really happy we were able to enjoy it with so much of my family. Thanks for a great day mom, Brian, Meagen, Sam, Bryce and baby Cheyanne! We love you all!









Oh my gosh, so cute



1 comment:

  1. love the pictures!!!! love the giggles shot, bryce on brians shoulders, your family photo beautifull

    ReplyDelete