Incorporating holiday related activities into our days the month of Christmas has been fun for our family. At age two, Meo has especially gotten into the holiday spirit and is almost always walking around singing Christmas carols (his favorites are Frosty the Snowman, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bell Rock, Rudolph, Let it Snow, and We wish you a Merry Christmas). Here are some of the holiday activities we enjoyed this season.
Cutting down a Christmas Tree from a local farm with Grandma and Grandpa Robinson. It kept going back and forth between snow and sleet that day so it was cold and wet. I was wearing Link and had an umbrella to shelter us, but he simply wasn't happy. So Link and I spent most of this time nursing in the car. But we did get to meet Santa at the beginning; Meo was afraid of Santa but did accept a treat from him. Then we headed out into the harsh weather to pick out our tree. Link and I didn't last long and had to go back to the car. Not too long after that, Meo was getting cold and went back with Grandma and Grandpa when they got their tree. Robbie took a very long time to pick out the perfect tree and was out by himself for quite some time before he found one at the edge of the property and brought it back to the truck.
 |
| Grandpa |
 |
| bundled up in Granma's scarf |
 |
| our tree |
Having butter cookies with hot cocoa and homemade whipped cream while watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".
Decorating our Christmas tree and hanging the stockings by the fire.
 |
| This is how Link helped |
 |
| Robbie gives this look to Meo a lot |
 |
| Our new family ornament |
 |
| Pi and Theta love having a tree in the house |
Made homemade gingerbread cookies and icing and decorated them together.
Ate gingerbread cookies and watched "A Muppet Christmas Carol".
Made homemade ornaments as gifts for the family.
 |
| Made with each of our fingerprints |
 |
| One for our tree |
Went to our friends' annual Christmas party where they got to meet Link for the first time. Originally, my mom was going to babysit Meo and we were going to go over with just Link and stay for a long while. But there was an ice storm supposedly coming that night and my mom didn't want to be out driving in that understandably. Robbie and I were already in town shopping for Christmas presents with the boys, so we just decided to stop by for an hour or two with Meo before we went home so we could still see everyone. Meo actually did really well and had fun interacting with people and playing with the tractor I picked up for him at the last minute so he would have something to do at Gib's house. It was really nice to spend time with friends, and it made me happy that they finally met Link.
 |
| Lindsay and Link |
 |
| Gib |
 |
| Robert Foley trying to give Link some PBR |
 |
| Meo wandering down the hall with his tractor |
Meo and I made snowflake Christmas cards. Meo decorated the paper, then I cut out snowflakes and mounted them onto cardstock. We only had time to make some for immediate family, but I wish would could have given cards out to all the people we love.
 |
| trimming the excess |
Meo and I made Christmas muffins for the birds. We had two dozen delicious muffins to put out for our bird and mammal friends Christmas morning.
Meo and I watched "The Nutcracker". Me spun like a ballerina and got very dizzy; it was adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment