Little Link is already turning 2 months old! Here are some of his developmental highlights for one month old Link:
Starting to "Coo" and "Goo" a lot more
Becoming more interactive; awake for longer periods of time and content to smile and be with us for a while
Starting to be able to lift his head and a bit of chest up now. He actually seems to enjoy tummy time
Definetly knows who mama is and will look for me and smile at me when someone else is holding him
Smiles lots and lots
Enjoys having me read to him from my novel in the evenings, although sometimes he will talk over me hehe
He loves to be worn in the Ergo Baby and besides nursing, that is the best way to keep him happy and put him to sleep
Sometimes, when he is awake and wiggling all around and chatting up a storm and we want to be sleeping, we say that he is "partying"
His hair is growing in more and his eyebrows have become more defined. Seems to be a golden brown
He still has BIG blue eyes
He loves Meo, he watches him and smiles at him all the time
Starting to try to grab at things and has a strong grip
And here are some photos and stories of both boys this month:
Meo and I made a big set of train tracks for downstairs with crayons
Pi
Mema visiting
Nearly every evenning, Robbie wears Link so that Link can sleep without being disturbed. If I sit with him, he tends to wake up from me doing things and ends up fussing, and I am not ready for bed right after dinner. So this has kept Link from fussing at night and have been a great source of bonding for Daddy and baby.
Robbie got Meo a game that introducing programming concepts for Meo called "Robot Turtles". Meo is still a little young for it but still has fun.
Mattimeo really needed a haircut. We were going to take him to have it professionally trimmed, but after driving 45 minutes to get there, it was closed. So we settled for eating out at Panera Bread and then I cut Meo's hair while he watched "Peep and the Big Wide World" that night.
Panera Bread
breakfast
Yoga in superman undies
Practicing sitting on the potty
For Christmas, Robbie got me a post-partum massage. He drove around with baby Link in the car for an hour while I had my massage so that Link could have milk right afterwards since he doesn't take a bottle yet.
Cooking with Mommy
Robbie is the best husband/father ever. Here he is wearing Meo and doing laundry while I nurse Link.
Then he threw a coat over the two of them and went out to bring in wood for the woodstove.
One morning I woke up to the sound of Meo saying "Daddy! Daddy! Come inside and play LEGOs! Daaaaaaaaaaadddddyyyyyy!" (Robbie out snow blowing the driveway).
We made apple pie to celebrate the New Year:
Theta snuggles
Bed time stories
I spend a lot of evenings reading to Link. I've been reading the first two books of Patrick Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicles and love them tremendously.
Link won't use his pacifiers (we try to get him to use one when he fusses in the car), but Meo thinks they are fun to steal.
Nap by the fire
twins
Link's first time at Chinese school:
Running with the paper lanterns they made
Kissing Quinn
We brought the boys over to our friends Andrew and Lauren's house to play board games and Andrew introduced Meo to the video "What Does the Fox Say", which Meo then wanted to watch over and over.
teething
a year old immagination
Link's first Music Together class. I was thankful my friend Christina was there because she hung out with Meo in class while I took Link into the bathroom to change a diaper that leaked through his clothes.
becoming Greyson
Meo's first computer game with Daddy
Link's first play date at Conor and Colin's house
Link and Colin
Erin with Braden and Conor
Conor, Meo and Braden
Max
Mom and Millie
Meo pretending to feed Link
Pretend tea
snuggles
We had a visit from Meo's friend Noah and his parents Noel and Charlie. They were so sweet and brought some fresh fruit, flowers for me, and lovely bird puppets for the birds.
Trying Meo's violin
meeting Noel
Tired after their play date (I didn't leave them that way of course)
Link and Theta
I took Meo and Link to the library for the first time all by myself. It went great! Except that Meo caught a cold virus from a sick little girl....and it turned into croup.
We had our friend Jeremy over to play our game (Mice and Mystics) with him. At the end, Meo woke up screaming and coughing like a barking seal. Croup again!
Robbie went to take Meo to the ER at night, but Meo fell asleep in the car so we decided to bring him home and let him sleep. Robbie took him to the pediatrician in the morning get a steroid to help him breath. I stayed home with Link so that he wouldn't be exposed to sickness unnecessarily...it was the first time I didn't take Meo to the doctor and I felt sad. But he was in good hands!
Trying to get Meo to eat veggies by making a dip of peanut butter, honey and chia seeds
Meo had a fever for 5 days after recovering from the croup cough.
Usually when Meo is sick, he doesn't act sick. But this time he wasn't moving our talking. He barely ate or drank anything. We sat on the couch and watched movies for a couple days.
Robbie, Link and I all got sick too. Robbie and Link didn't get a fever, but I did.
Meo leaves little toys all around the house so I am constantly reminded about his presence in my life, and it never fails to make me smile.
Meo is still nursing. It really helps him to bond with his brother, to not feel so jealous, and to have some nourishment while he's been so sick.
Robbie won an award at his work's innovation days. Innovation
days at IDEXX is a chance to let the developers work on anything they
like for 2 days and present. Google does something similar. And that
produced products like gmail and google reader. He did his project on
Gamification. He works on an app that
has a very important data entry component which can be menial and
redundant. He added game elements like a global leaderboard, score and
achievements they could gain. Senior leadership thought it was a good
idea so he won "Most out of the box idea"!
We went for a walk to try to see if some fresh air would help us get healthy...or at least lift our spirits.
"I want to climb this mountain!"
Mattimeo pooped on the potty for the first time. He was naked and said "whoops!"...a tiny bit of poop was on the floor. So I picked him up and brought him to the bathroom. He then pushed the rest of his poop out (a whole bunch!) with a big grin. We were all so proud and happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment