Thursday, February 20, 2014

Belated Valentine's Post

For Valentine's Day this year, the boys and I all stayed home. It was a snowy day, so Robbie ended up going home from work a little early. He watched the movie "Frozen" with the boys while I cooked a special Valentine dinner. I even put on a dress for the occassion.



I made a vegetarian "chicken" noodle soup with tofu, carrots cut in the shape of hearts, celery, and noodles. I also made some delicious biscuits from scratch and shaped them into hearts as well. For desert, I made some mini cheesecakes from scratch topped with raspberries and blueberries. I had never made cheesecake before, and these came out fantastic!




For gifts, the boys made some art work for Robbie. They both really enjoyed having me put cold paint on their feet to stamp onto the paper and Meo had fun painting with sponges.





For a gift, Robbie bought me a wonderful, new yoga mat. I had been slipping around and feeling frustrated on my old one and this new one is the same mat that we use at my yoga studio and I love it! He also surprised me with a very sweet arrangement of sticky notes on our bedroom wall. One one side of each sticky note he listed a characteristic about me he loved, and then on the back he put either a sentimental statement, quote, or poem about it. It was one of the most sweet and thoughtful gifts I've ever received and I enjoy looking at the back of a new sticky note each morning.




That night we read "Guess how much I Love You" as we snuggled with our boys.


We had a Valentine Play Date this year, but it ended up being the week after Valentine's Day. I think all of us mamas were feeling a little sad that our kids didn't get to exchange valentine's this year so even though we couldn't make it work before the holiday, we just had one after! As Mattimeo is really into dinosaurs right now, he was excited to paint some dinosaurs for his cards.




The party was at Sarah and Carter's house. They made lots of delicious food, and Sarah set up a fun craft making mock stained glass hearts using tissue paper and contact paper for the toddlers. We had a lot of fun, and I am so glad we had a play date after all. Here are some photos from the play date:

Carter and Meo


Baby Colin



Sarah and Carter

Meo loving the trampoline!



Meo loooooooves Mater and was excited to play with all of Carter's Mater toys!




art project

Christina and Greyson (and Erin and Colin)

helping himself to some snacks

Carter stuffing some cheerios into his cheeks

Erika with Neve and Lachlan


Robbie

Neve


Meo loved playing with baby Lachlan

Neve, Conor, Colin, and Link


Meo and Greyson

Colin and Link (3 months)






Link and Alison (9 months pregnant!)

Thanks again Sarah for a special day with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment