Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Saco Heath Preserve with Friends (Summer 2016)


We took a field trip the Saco Heath Preserve with friends after a morning at the library for story time. I had never been here before and it was so beautiful. The boys ran wild with "swords" and had a great time.







Once we got to the boardwalk, Link's little legs couldn't stop running. Something about a board walking inspires propelling oneself forward.




Meo and Soren tried to help keep Link from getting too far ahead.



But "come back here Link!" was theme of this walk for me.





Link still makes his "bulldog face" in case you were wondering.


I don't know a lot about the plants of the heath ecosystem, but they were so cool. These grasses had flowers that were fluffy and white and as soft as bunny tails.


There were prickly seed pods, and even huckleberries and cranberries.




These two are such great friends.






It was drizzly and grey but we decided this was the perfect weather for visiting the heath. It was just so stunning.







Thanks for a gorgeous walk Mama. And sorry my kid was a nutcase today. I think I should avoid starting a walk around nap time in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment