Monday, September 25, 2017

Common Ground Fair 2017

Happily, we had beautiful warm weather for the Common Ground Fair this year (last year it was pouring rain). We carpooled up with some great friends and enjoyed the good vibes and fun activities the fair had to offer.


Robbie and I got separated in the children's area for the first hour. He went around with Meo and worked on some crafts. Link and I hammered, played in a big bin of rice, jumped off the haystack a few times, painted, and paper mached the trash tree.




Link would have been content to just sit and play all day I think.




Link also grabbed a homemade drum and joined a band for a little while.





Then we grabbed lunch and dedicated an hour to sit and watch my very favorite part of the fair; the sheepdog demonstrations.




One cool thing about this year's demonstration was they brought along their 13 week old puppy to try working with the sheep for the first time. Her instincts were amazing! It was so cool to watch.




The boys and I love getting to pat the dogs after their session.



After that the boys already were starting to get sleepy. We wandered around looking at some of the things for sale. Thankfully FEDCO was there and I was able to buy all the bulbs I had in my cart on their website but accidentally missed the deadline for. We also got some honey and beeswax candles (a pumpkin, turkey, and evergreen tree) that we will light for our opening circle in the morning.



It was a fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment