Thursday, February 10, 2011

Trip Down Memory Lane

I scanned a bunch of photos of Robbie and I from infancy up through when we are married. A lot of people have been asking me what we looked like when we were born, and I thought it would be cool to share with you all what we looked like growing up before we introduce new life that is a blend of both of us into the world. This is an absurdly long post, and I have made it so it doesn't all show up at once (you will have to click "read more" at the bottom of the post, or click on this posts heading). Alternatively you can view it as an album at this link: Picasa Web Album  but if you do that you won't see my comments.

Jasmin's Infancy

Mom Pregnant

I wonder if I will be this big!

Grammy, Mom, Great Grammy and I after I was born at home

Mom and I

Dad and I



My cousins Timmy and Nicolas holding me



















Robbie's Infancy

Robbie the day he was born

Robbie and his dad

Robbie and his Mom and Dad

Robbie and his Grandfather

Robbie and his Grandmother

Robbie and his Mom and Dad

 Jasmin's early years



Mom and I right before I took my first steps at the old Memere and Pepere's house

Taking my first steps towards dad at about 13 months old


Heading to the hospital when Mom was in labor for Brian with my Grammy and my dog, Sandy

Me and Brian




Robbie's early years

Robbie at age 1 (notice how much more hair he has than I did)


Robbie and his Mom

Robbie and his Dad








Robbie at the hospital when his sister, Jessica, was born



Jasmin's Childhood

Me, Brian and Samantha


Me at the lake

On Dad and Sue's wedding day

Sam and I checking out Dad's buck

My room




Science fair project



Sue and us kids before my eight grade graduation

Dad and us kids

Robbie's Childhood

Robbie and Jess

Little Robbie feeding a giraffe



When his obsession began


Robbie's science fair project

Playing video games upside down

Dressed as a pharaoh for church

Robbie's room

Robbie learning trombone

High School: Robbie and I met in high school when he moved to Maine from Iowa junior year. We were in concert band and in jazz band together. We didn't date in high school, but I had a really big crush on him.

Sam, Brian and I in our pool

Me on Mom and Dana's wedding day


Josh and I playing DDR in New York when we were looking at colleges and after going to my first concert

Making my bookshelf

Me riding Rosie, the first horse I learned to ride on

Robbie and his church group during his trip to Peru where they built a school

Robbie and Jess

Robbie and Jess

Robbie and one of the Japanese foreign exchange students his family hosted (Aki)



Winter Ball: Robbie went with his girlfriend, Rachel, and I went with my friend, Josh
My Senior Picture
Robbie's Senior Picture

Robbie and I at senior prom (we went together as friends)

College Years up to Marriage: Robbie and I started dating when we were in college. We had our first apartment together in Portland after Robbie transferred to USM. We got engaged two years into our relationship (Junior year), and got married right after graduation before moving moving to England for a year (where I went to graduate school). 

Robbie's first day of college with his roommate, Andrew
Me eating sweet potato and green tea ice cream during my study abroad program in Japan

Me learning Judo in Japan

Jason, Steven and I were selected to participate in a study abroad program in Japan, this is us on the busiest street in Tokyo



Fun times in Orono...for the first year of our relationship, I would drive 3 hours to Orono every weekend to visit Robbie and friends



Robbie, Gib and John at UMaine

Robbie and Gib

Robbie and Gib
Me at an astrobiology conference in Washington DC

Dr. Dave Champlin, Steven and I working in the developmental biology lab. I worked there as a research assistant all three years I was at USM.
Robbie being the DJ at one of our parties

Robbie won the outstanding computer science student award in college

Robbie, Adam, Gib and I drinking nasty steel reserve

Andrew, Robbie and Gib

Jess, Ryan, Robbie, Gib and I


Robbie and I studying in our apartment

Camping trip to Love Island with Robbie, Andrew, Pi, Theta and I



Andrew and I at a costume party

Sam, Robbie and I at a costume party

Bike riding in Acadia with Andrew and Lyndsay the weekend we got engaged

Andrew, Robbie, Me and Lindsay hiking in Acadia the weekend we got engaged

Right after Robbie proposed to me on the summit of Mount Champlain with a ring made from a dandelion. It was the first of 4 mountains we hiked that day with Andrew and Lindsay.

Robbie and I graduating from USM

On our wedding day: June 9, 2007


6 comments:

  1. Looking at these was so fun! Thanks for sharing all of them with us. I love the picture of you looking over your crib. I didn't know Robbie had blonde hair as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Simply amazing! I am feeling a little old right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuuttee Robbie! great pictures! and story, got buterflys in my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you went to prom together! It was destiny. Now... destiny's child!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww, I enjoyed that, Robbies such a dorky child it's hillarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfogettable moment... i think robbie look cute with bangs uneven during childhood.. :-)hehe

    ReplyDelete