Yesterday marked the first day of my third and final trimester (7 months). I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going by, no matter how much I try to slow it down! Everything has been going really well lately; I feel really energetic and happy. I had my first prenatal water aerobics class yesterday, and it was really fun. I feel like it was just the right amount of exercise and I am excited to be meeting more pregnant ladies.
For the past few weeks, Robbie and I have been continuously working on getting the nursery ready for Mattimeo. We needed to switch our room with the office, rearrange the living room to make room for our computer (downsized to one computer for now), and make our old bedroom into a nursery. It was quite the endeavor and turned into a bit of a spring cleaning project at the same time. We also painted both of the bedrooms, so everything in our apartment feels fresh, new and clean.
For paint we used Olympic Premium (
for more info about this paint, click this link). This paint has no VOCs (volatile organic compounds) which create indoor pollution and lead to the formation of smog. Zero VOCs also made it safe for me to help paint the rooms, as it is important for pregnant women to avoid exposure to toxic fumes.
 |
| Salute |
 |
| Guacamole |
For our bedroom, we chose the color Salute from the
Harmony color collection (from twilight shadows to sunrise glow, the harmony color palette is inspired by the vision of the National Audubon Society), and for Mattimeo's room we chose the color Guacamole from the
Grandeur color collection (from hazy peaks to mossy boulders, the grandeur color palette is inspired by the vision of the National Audubon Society). Here are some before and after photos of the two bedrooms:
 |
| Bedroom 1 before |
 |
| Bedroom 1 after |
 |
| Bedroom 1 before |
 |
| Bedroom 1 after |
 |
| Bedroom 1 before |
 |
| Bedroom 1 after |
 |
| Nursery before |
 |
| Nursery after |
 |
| Nursery before |
 |
| Nursery before |
 |
| Nursery after |
 |
| Nursery before |
 |
| Nursery after |
 |
| Nursery before |
 |
| Nursery after |
 |
| Nursery before |
 |
| Nursery after |
The Salute looks really great with the new duvet cover Robbie got me for my birthday last month (it really highlights the blue birds):
 |
| Organic Duvet Cover and Shams |
 |
| Organic Duvet Cover and Shams |
And I think the Guacamole will look really great with the treetop theme I want to have in the nursery:
 |
| Carter's Treetop theme we want to use for our nursery |
It feels really good to have the rooms all painted and situated now. This weekend Dad and Sue brought over the beautiful crib they bought for us, so now we have a bureau, crib, a bookshelf already full of awesome children picture books, and a comfy recliner for me to nurse in all set up. It will make it a lot easier to have a place to put things as we accumulate baby stuff, and Robbie and I have fun snuggling on the recliner together reading books to my belly.
Fabulous color choices, and I love the new bedding, too. Must feel sooooo great to have an apartment that feels so fresh and new! Great job to you both, P
ReplyDeleteReading to your belly, how adorable!!!
ReplyDeletei love that green color -- it's so vibrant but not overwhelming.
ReplyDelete