Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Camp Foley

Every year, for the past 5 or 6 years, all of our friends have gotten together for a long weekend over the summer to stay at a camp on a lake in Wayne, Maine. It is a weekend we all always look forward too. We don't have to work, we can relax, play games, stay up all night drinking and being silly, go swimming, go kayaking, play video games, watch movies, take walks and just have a blast. This will be our last year that there won't be any babies or little kids there as well.

This year a couple people who usually come couldn't make it, which was a bummer. But a good number still were able to come: Robbie and I, Dan, Andrew, Lauren, Rob, Gib and Lindsay. We had really great weather. Friday night we stayed up late playing games. Saturday was a little drizzly, but that didn't stop Lauren, Robbie and I from going for a nice, long walk in the morning. We also went kayaking, and all went out to ice cream during which time the sun burst through the clouds. It got really hot and Robbie, Gib, Dan, Rob and I all spent a good hour splashing around and swimming in the lake. After dinner it got really dark and stormy looking and we decided it was a good time to play the board game Mansions of Madness, which is kind of spooky. During the game the power flickered out for a bit and the thunder roared...it truly added to the game experience. We spent the rest of the night playing lots more games. On Sunday it was really windy and kind of cool so none of us went swimming. We did however play some more games, walk around and go out for ice cream, and had time to relax and read before Robbie and I went back home. Some people stayed all through Monday, but Robbie and I had to work on Monday so we needed to leave Sunday night. Throughout the weekend we saw lots of wildlife, which I was excited about: an osprey being mobbed by a crow, chipmunks, butterflies, a red fox, loons, a bald eagle, squirrels, woodpeckers, and lots of song birds.

We had so much fun; I am already looking forward to next year. I wish it was something we could do more often, but I am thankful that we at least have that time together. Here are some pictures from our weekend:


Fruit salad and past salad I made before the trip

Quinoa with mozzarella, basil and tomatoes and some trail mix I made before we left

Camp Foley at dusk

Andrew

Robbie and Gib

Playing games

almost 35 weeks pregnant

Rob reading

Life is better at the lake

Back of Camp Foley

Robbie and Lauren

Robbie and Lauren

Andrew and Dan getting ready to go kayaking

Andrew and Dan getting ready to go kayaking

Andrew and Dan kayaking

Andrew

Dan


Gib enjoying a cup of coffee while reading

This bathing suit used to fit a lot better

The trickiest part about kayaking at 8 months pregnant is getting in

Robbie and I kayaking

Robbie and I kayaking

I love chipmunks







Gib, Rob and Andrew playing  a Lord of the Rings card game

Robbie


Gib (they were all playing with a fox-tail)


busy pollinator

Andrew and Lauren when we went out for ice cream

Going out for ice cream

view from the dam

Robbie

Dan

Lauren and Andrew

Gib and his huge sundae

Me

On the dam



Starting our Mansions of Madness game

Out for a walk with Robbie (almost 35 weeks pregnant)

3 comments:

  1. it's always such a fun time at camp foley! great photos, too -- the chipmunks are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren! Oh my goodness, I could have just sat there and watched the chipmunks all day...they are the cutest for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe you look so cute in the bathing suit! Love the flowered top! yummy food! When you gona cook me dinner, before your to busy haha! cute chipmunk, pretty seanery, you kayaked? mmmmm love you! robbie, u too!

    ReplyDelete