Thursday, July 28, 2011

Can I whine a little?

We are having the most beautiful summer in Maine! It has been deliciously warm, and it has been raining occasionally so that the plants are doing well. The skies have been blue and the ocean water looks delicious.

AND I WANT TO GO HIKING!

Yes, yes, I have been enjoying my walks and trips to the beach, and have been having plenty of time outside. But I haven't been able to go to the White Mountains to hike, or Acadia National Park to go camping and hiking which is usually stuff we do every summer. I can't help but feeling that the sooner this little baby boy decides to join us, the sooner we'll be able to take him on trips in the great outdoors. Right now with me potentially going into labor at any moment, it is not smart for us to drive more than an hour away from home (and the birthplace). And I know I won't be able to do much for a while after the baby is born. But I am so excited to maybe fit in one last hike this fall complete with all the beautiful Maine foliage and my son and loving husband there to enjoy it with me.

Perhaps I should go on one of those bird watching trips in Falmouth at the Audubon Center or some other such nature event I haven't done before so I can attempt to satiate my appetite for more nature, outdoors, and adventure.

On a backpacking trip Robbie and I took last fall...we were actually trying to conceive Mattimeo on this trip :)

Backpacking Speckled-tacular last fall...it's only been 9 months, but I can't remember ever being so small

2 comments:

  1. oh theta bear xoxo! great idea jas go bird watching

    ReplyDelete
  2. or where u use to watch the woodchucks, or the place you use to work, visit the goats, so cute

    ReplyDelete