Today is my estimated due date, but alas, still no baby. I'm not worried about it though since most first time moms have give birth after their due date and anytime before 42 weeks is considered fine. I have been having lots of practice contractions all weekend and today which I think is a good sign. Sometimes they feel a little crampy, other times they just feel like my whole belly is as hard as a rock and pulled upwards. Fortunately they have been pain free.
I had an appointment with the midwives today which Robbie was able to come to. Everything is still going well. I gained yet another pound (which puts me for a total between 35-40 pounds of weight gain), my blood pressure was normal (108/68), and I my fundus height is measuring at a perfect 40 inches. Mattimeo's heart rate was going strong (it sounded like a galloping horse today) in the 130's. Even though I have been doing LOTS of posturing exercises everyday since my last visit, he still is hanging out with his back facing my left side. So I need to keep on working on getting his back to spin more towards my stomach. The midwife told me about a website that should give me more ideas of ways I can encourage him to spin (
Spinning Babies).This site is pretty cool as it has suggestions of how to encourage your baby the move from any position, including breech babies. The position Mattimeo is in is actually a pretty great position (they think he is left occiput anterior), so I don't need to worry about it really, they are just suggesting I do exercises to encourage him to be occiput anterior which is even more ideal.
 |
| Diagram of how the baby is positioned in me right now (from Spinning Babies) |
 |
| Diagram of how the baby is positioned in me right now (from Spinning Babies) |
After my appointment, my Aunt Patrice came to visit with my step mom and sister, and she treated us to Otto where we had some delicious pizza. It was great to see all of them! My step mom has vacation this week, so it would be pretty awesome if Mattimeo decided to make his debut pretty soon!
Lastly, here is a couple of pictures of my other babies being snuggle bums (I don't want them to feel left out after all):
 |
| Theta really loves my sister Sam |
 |
| Theta is in heaven cuddling with his Sam |
 |
| Robbie was trying to look at a cookbook, but Pi insisted it was cuddle time instead |
No comments:
Post a Comment