Monday, December 26, 2011

Book Review: The No-Cry Nap Solution

The No-Cry Nap Solution: Guaranteed, Gentle Ways to Solve All Your Naptime ProblemsThe No-Cry Nap Solution: Guaranteed, Gentle Ways to Solve All Your Naptime Problems by Elizabeth Pantley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is great! First of all, it's a quick read; I was able to read through it over the course of two of my four-month old's naps. Second of all, the book provides solutions with concrete steps you can follow. Sometimes going through lists of general ideas that might help aren't good enough! I thought it was great to have some actual protocols to put to the test.

I like that she begins by saying if your baby is napping well now and you are happy with how he goes to sleep and where he is sleeping, don't change anything! Personally, I co-sleep and co-nap with my baby and really enjoy it. The thought of having him sleep in his crib saddens me; I would miss that time we share so close together. But it is tricky when I am on the go, and nearly impossible when I am not around. Thus, my husband and I have been beginning to think I should start getting him used to sleeping without being nursed to sleep and without needing to be near me, at least some of the time, if we want to have any flexibility at all. This book offers concrete solutions for how to get him to sleep without nursing or being beside me without him ever have to cry or feel uncomfortable; I appreciate that and would have it no other way.

Since I have just read this book today, I have not yet had the ability to test out her methods. However, her methods seem like they would be very effective so long as you are patient and diligent in trying them out.  For all you parents out there who's babies are just starting to have a predictable nap schedule and you are growing tired of holding them in your arms for all their naps; I highly recommend this to you! I also recommend this to parents-to-be or parents of newborns as there is great advice as to how to start good sleep habits from the beginning in a kind and nurturing way. Overall, this is a great book and inexpensive to boot!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment