Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A lonesome day

A Lonesome Day

It's only been four months,
but I am beginning to fear
That the pressure of friend making is
making me feel queer.

I've been putting forth my best effort
Going to classes, groups and play dates.
Yet somehow I feel lonely;
Annoying; a burden; a weight.

I feel like I always have this problem.
That casual friends is never enough.
I crave people I can talk to regularly.
To hang out with, even if its just to read and stuff.

I am thankful that I have been making at least one good friend.
She's amazing and I hope our sons will be great pals
I am thankful for my husband and my family
who help me paddle down this meandering canal.

I wish I could be patient.
Making close bonds takes time.
But why am I so scared I will fail
That poor little Meo and I will be left behind.

I can come up with lots of excuses
And perhaps some of them are legit.
Maybe the truth of the matter is
I still haven't quite found where I fit in just yet.

So I guess I will just keep being myself
To be nice and continue pursuing my dreams
And have faith that I have great friends out there
Even though on lonesome days it hard to believe.


Does any other new mom out there feel lonely from time to time? I have been fortunate to not feel lonely at all until last night. I saw some pictures of other moms and their babies all hanging out and I was sad I wasn't a part of it. Then the plans I had with a friend today fell through. Plus, living an hour away from Portland makes it tough just to hang out with people for a quick walk or coffee break; things like that. I am already starting feeling better though just writing down how I feel. Sometimes I feel better if I vent. I think perhaps its normal to feel lonely from time to time, especially when everything in your life has changed and everything is so new.

I look over my shoulder, and I see a happy baby just waking up from his morning nap. He is smiling and talking. He is so wonderful; honestly, it is pretty hard to feel lonely when I have him to hang out with all day!


Mattimeo to mommy's rescue!

1 comment: