Meo and I had a super busy day yesterday, so much so that I think it was blog-worthy! We got up early with Robbie to drop him off at work. Then we went to our friend Kate's house. She is the owner of one of the dogs I used to walk (Ruby) and the mother of two adorable children. We went for a nice walk, all six of us! Kate is always wonderful to talk to and I always enjoy visiting her and her family. Meo took nap during our walk while he was in the moby wrap. Next we went to my sister, Sam's house and hung out with her and her roommates for a few hours. That was nice; we had a few good laughs and Meo was really excited to see Auntie Sam! There, Mattimeo seemed to have discovered his tongue for the first time. He just started sticking out and hasn't stopped since! He looks like a little lizard!
Meo discovering his tongue (4 months)
Next we went to Robbie's work Christmas party. Meo didn't fall asleep for his nap until about 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave for the party, so we ended up showing up at the party a little late so Meo could rest a bit. The party was very enjoyable. I was able to meet some nice people there and had some great conversations. Everyone loved Meo! He was such a good boy! Robbie ended up wearing him on his back in the ERGObaby carrier and he took a nap for about an hour and a half at the party which was awesome! The party was a pot-luck at his boss's beautiful house, and Robbie and I made some cookies for the occasion. They were apricot sugar cookies dipped in white chocolate and cranberry sugar cookies dipped in dark chocolate. I think they turned out delicious!
Cookies on display as the chocolate cooled
Apricot sugar cookies with white chocolate
Cranberry sugar cookies with dark chocolate
After the party, we had a short visit at my good friend Kasia's house. Robbie hadn't gotten to hang out with Kasia and her family yet, so we thought it was the perfect opportunity for a visit. Meo and her son Henry are so cute together! I am so glad that they have each other to hang out with, as am I glad that I have Kasia to hang out with! I love being around her, she has such a kindred spirit (I am going to have to get you to watch Anne of Green Gables with me Kasia)! Here are some pictures of Meo and Henry hanging out over the last week or so (Henry is 6 months and Meo is 4 months here):
Henry giving Meo his finger to try
Henry
Meo
Finally, we went to have a game night with some of our other friends. We used to have weekly game nights, but since Meo was born we have been pretty busy. Somehow we had managed not to see some of these close friends for over two months! Robbie and I knew Meo was tired, and we almost decided to go home so Meo could get some sleep. But we really didn't want to miss our chance to see our friends who we hadn't gotten to hang out with in so long. Meo did a great job. He did need constant entertainment, so I ended up sitting out on the gaming to hang out with Meo. But he was in good spirits most of the night and even laughing with me for a little while. Towards the end he got really tired though and started screaming. Luckily this was around the same time that the game ended, so we were able to leave at that point. Although in the fututre it might not be such a good idea for us to go to an event that starts at Meo's bedtime, it was so wonderful to see and talk to everyone. I have missed their companionship a lot!
Rob and Gib
Andrew, Lauren, Robbie and Mattimeo
Poor little Meo was not happy on the car ride home. Daddy sat out back with him to keep him company, but he just wailed! Finally I started singing Christmas carols really loudly. Robbie joined in too and with our powers combined, somehow we lulled Meo to sleep, although Robbie and I both felt like our throats were swollen by the time we got home. Phew, what a day! Needless to say, Meo was exhausted today and managed to take a nap that was over 4 consecutive hours this morning! Perhaps we will not be so ambitious in the future!
Big day for Meo, what a good boy, love your tongue Meo, so cuuuuute! :O)
ReplyDelete