Friday, June 1, 2012

Emerging tooth and play dates

Emerging first tooth

On Wednesday morning (May 30th, 9 months old), I was somewhat shocked to find that Mattimeo's very first tooth is beginning to emerge! It seems like it has been just about to pop for over a month; you can see the shape of it underneath his bulging gum. Then on Wednesday morning, he harshly yanked off of me when he was done nursing to giggle and I thought I felt something weird. So I jammed my finger into his mouth, and sure enough, I felt a little hardness that could only be a tooth. Trying to get a good look at it and a picture was challenging, but in the end I succeeded. Three days later, I don't see any more of the tooth than you can see on this photo...but I suppose that is not surprising since this has all been a very slow process for him.


First tooth starting to emerge (9 months)

Birth Roots Seedlings Play Date

We had a play date with our Seedlings classmates (http://ouvrezvosyeuxjdr.blogspot.com/2012/05/early-spring-happenings.html) at Amy's house this Wednesday. We sipped on ice tea and munched on yummy watermelon as the babies played and cruised around furniture. All of them are on the move now, whether it be scooting, crawling, walking around with a push walker, or standing up unaided. It's pretty incredible how much they have changed in just a month of not seeing them. In all, only five of us showed up because a lot of the other babies were sick. But it was pleasant to see the ones who were able to make it.

Melonie and Mattimeo at Amy's house (both 9 months old)

Falmouth Fun

Today, Mattimeo and I went to Falmouth to meet with Noel and Noah at the Falmouth Memorial Library for story time. Meo and I were a bit late because we got distracted watching a deer in our front yard before we left, but we still got to enjoy half of it. Then we hung out at Noel, Charlie and Noah's house while they made some sandwiches and we visited their kitty Luna and played with Noah's toys. All of us then headed over to Gilsland farm, where we enjoyed a picnic under the shade of a tree, explored the children section of the visitor center, and took a walk. Noah will be a year old next weekend, and he is a walking champ now. It was cute to see him walk around, trying to get to the Frisbee his dad was tossing in his general direction. Noel and her family are really great, and I am super excited to be getting to know them better. Thanks for a lovely afternoon!

Picnic (9 months)

Spinach, peas, grapes, and cheese (he at all the cheese)

Noah and his mom and dad

Noah (11 months)

Noel with the boys




Noah walking

Playing in the visitor center


Checking out the turtles

1 comment: