Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mattimeo's first crepe

Robbie and I had big hopes for blueberry pancakes this morning, but as I was thumbing through one of our cookbooks this morning I couldn't find a pancake recipe. Instead, I stumbled across a crepe recipe, which got my mouth watering. I love crepes, and we hadn't made them for a long time. So we set to work. I made the batter and fried up the crepes, Robbie diligently sliced 3 cups of fresh cherries and cooked them for the filling, and Meo helped empty the dishwasher and rearranged the Tupperware cupboard. The result was fantastic. It took a long time, and all of us (including Meo) were getting a bit cranky by the end. I always get a little edgy when I'm really hungry. But it was worth the wait! I wasn't sure about giving Mattimeo crepes, but he LOVED them. He ended up eating three all by himself! That was the first time he had crepes or cherries, and it was wonderful to watch him scoff them down. We were glad we stripped him down to his diaper beforehand, because eating cherry filled crepes is a messy affair!


Don't those look delicious?

So good!

We didn't put sugar in the filling for Meo's sake, but adding a drop of honey to ours was delicious


Want some?

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment