Thursday, June 21, 2012

Welcoming Summer

I am using Mattimeo's second nap to take advantage of an opportunity to throw together a post of miscellaneous pictures over the last week or so that are too good to keep to myself.

Napping currently

Yesterday was the official first day of summer, and I feel like we've been doing a pretty great job of welcoming it. See for yourself:

Walk to the park with Grandma last week:

Swinging with Grandma

Swinging with Grandma (10 months)

Meo and Grandma in the shade

Mattimeo! (10 months)

Meo in the park

Driving a car in the park

Last week my mom and I took Meo to story time at the Dyer Library, then went to Bay View Beach:

Playing with Mema at the library

Meo and the new shovel and pale I got him

Digging (10 months)

At the beach with Mema (10 months)

"Building" with Mema (in reality, he was destroying everything she built hehe)

Beach with Mema

Walking in the ocean

Walking in the ocean with Mema; it was surprisingly warm!

Baby feet

Meo crawling on the surf

Heading towards the ocean

Cutie pie in the water (10 months)


We have lots of fun playing in the yard and gardening:

Meo (10 months)

Babylegs

In the grass

Trying to stand up

Meo (10 months)

Playing with bark

I love how he curls his little toes

chubby legs and arms

Goofy Meo climbing a pole

Exploration with Theta

We have a fence breach!

Meo busting into the garden to sample a rock

First pepper

Brocolli

Beets

First squash blossom

Splashing in the water as I filled up his pool

For the past two days, we have had a heat wave! Last night after playing in the pool with Meo, I just let him crawl around naked in the yard. I figured it would be good to air out his diaper area in the great outdoors.

Naked baby

Playing with his car (10 months)

Crawling (10 months)

He loves to stand

10 Months

10 months

10 months

Adorable naked Meo

Lately he prefers to monkey crawl when he has bare knees outside

We had a picnic dinner outside with Daddy because it was so nice out

Robbie feeding Meo

Last night, I took a cute video of Robbie reading Meo a bedtime story:


Today was another scorcher. Since we live across the street from the Lake Arrowhead Club House, I decided to go check out the pool with Meo. The water was deliciously cool, and although Meo was a little nervous and clung onto me for dear life, we had a lot of fun cooling off.

Bathing suit weather

About to go into the pool with Mama

Before his nap, we rinsed off the chlorine in our little pool by the garden:

Playing in the pool with his stick (10 months)





Theta was hot too

Watching Theta

10 months

Meo has such big, beautiful eyes

I hope you all are getting as pysched for summer as we are!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great kick start to summer! Whos the cuttest 10 month old baby in the whole world! Measour! :O)))

    ReplyDelete