Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Camp Foley 2012

As you may or may not recall, Camp Foley is our annual summer getaway with our best friends. Last year, I was super pregnant when we went (you can read about it here: http://ouvrezvosyeuxjdr.blogspot.com/2011/06/camp-foley.html). This year, we brought baby Mattimeo!

We had our reservations about bringing Meo with us; Camp Foley is a time for all of our friends to unwind and let lose. There is always lots of drinking and silliness going on. But Robbie and I really didn't want to miss out, and Meo isn't ready for overnights at his grandparents' since he still nurses to sleep. We figured, the craziness really doesn't get going until night time, and by then Meo should be fast asleep. Turns out, everything worked out just fine. Meo did in fact go to bed early enough that we were able to enjoy lots of fun time at night with our friends with the baby monitor in tow. And during the day, we had lots of fun playing with Meo and seeing our friends interact with him (they don't get to see him very much these days). I can speak for both Robbie and I when I say some of our most precious memories of Camp Foley is being in the same room with all of our friends and Meo and watching them all smiling and playing with him. Thank you guys for welcoming Meo to our festivities and being so wonderful to him!

First evening at Camp Foley



Now, I took an embarrassing amount of photos while at Camp Foley (450?!?!). Fortunately, during Meo's three hour nap this afternoon I was able to go through and edit them, leaving me with a much more manageable number to share with you (though there are admittedly still quite a bit). Through these photos, I feel like as though I've captured the essence of our four days at Camp Foley. Enjoy!

At Camp Foley, we played LOTS of board games.  I was able to play some games while Meo napped and slept at night, which was awesome. He has gotten to be a much better independent sleeper, because the last time I tried to play games with friends he kept on waking up. This time, he was great!

Cards Against Humanity

Cards Against Humanity

Helping Lindsay play Cards Against Humanity

Rob, Lindsay and Meo

Rob, Lindsay and Meo

Betrayal at the House on the Hill

Betrayal at the House on the Hill

Andrew and Robbie playing Go

Race for the Galaxy

Meo playing while Daddy plays a game with friends

Race for the Galaxy

Mansions of Madness

Mansions of Madness

Mansions of Madness

Rob thinking of the mean things he is going to do in Mansions of Madness

Playing Shear Panic

Playing Shear Panic

Playing Shear Panic while people smoke from the hooka

I should mention that in order to feel comfortable leaving Meo alone while he slept, we simply took the mattress off the frame and set it on the ground to sleep on. That worked out great; he could climb up and down from it so we had no fear of him falling off. We played his relaxation music and setup his baby monitor as well.

Listening in to Meo sleeping on the monitor

Robbie and Meo sleeping in the morning

Sleeping baby

The weather this year was gorgeous, except for at one point when we had a thunder and lightning storm; but even that was enjoyable. Here is Andrew being a nut during the downpour:


Robbie and I took Meo swimming everyday.

Meo in his new floaty turtle we got him

Father and son in the lake


Meo and I in the lake



Swimming with Meo

Meo and I in the lake

Looking in the water

Drying off after a swim

Others went swimming too. Often with beer.

Paul, Rob, Lindsay and Tatyana

Paul, Rob, Lindsay, Tatyana and Nick

A random canoe with drunk people and a pug that went by (lol)

Rob, Lindsay and Tatyana

Beached Rob

Rob

Rob after he dove down for a PBR and resurfaced

Blue Heron on a dock across the lake

Gib relaxing by the lake

One of the best parts of camp Foley is having lots of time to chill out and do whatever you want.

Meo and I sitting by the lake

Kiss for Meo

Crazy arms

Taking a walk with Andrew and Lauren

Taking a walk with Andrew and Lauren

Taking a walk with Andrew and Lauren

Taking a walk with Andrew and Lauren

Taking a walk with Andrew and Lauren

Taking a walk with Andrew and Lauren

Taking a walk with Andrew and Lauren

Robbie and Meo at the lake

Robbie and Meo

Dan kayaking


Tatyana taking a nap (while Gib and Rob sneak into the bedroom??)

I made a tunnel for Meo

Meo and I playing the piano


Gib and Rob enjoying some drinks

Dan slack-lining

Dan slack-lining

Dan slack-lining

Tatyana and Gib relaxing by the lake

Meo and Robbie chilled out

Playing in the yard

Meo found a leaf

Meo found a golf ball

Meo and a golf ball
I think everybody relaxed with a book at some point or another.

Robbie reading to Meo

Meo and I in the hammock

Meo and I in the hammock

Sarah and Lindsay reading

Rob reading from his Kindle

Andrew reading

Dan reading

Sarah reading

Lindsay reading

Nick reading

My favorite new addition to Camp Foley was the hammock!

Hanging out with Meo in the hammock

Meo


eating my camera

Goofball on my belly

Watching Dan slack-lining

lounged with Daddy

Mattimeo and I spent some time outside with a handful of seeds trying to attract chipmunks. We were successful! I'll make these photos larger so you can really see the chipmunk.

Mattimeo meets his first chipmunk






We took our traditional walk over to Tubby's for some delicious ice cream.

 Walking to Tubby's

Walking to Tubby's

Walking to Tubby's

Laughing with Daddy

Lauren and Andrew

My raspberry chocolate chip ice cream

Meo wanted some of Dad's ice cream



Andrew and Lauren

Andrew and Lauren

Dan

Robbie and Meo

Andrew and Lauren

We had all sorts of other yummy food besides ice cream. In fact, I was pretty proud of myself because I was able to make three days worth of food during Meo's nap time on Thursday. I made a huge pasta salad with vegetable and whole wheat pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, fresh corn, black beans, italian dressing and cheeses.



I made a bunch of whole wheat cous-cous with steamed spinach, steamed kale, tomatoes and cheese.


And I made a big fruit salad. Meo woke up partway through making this so I ended up putting him in the ERGObaby and he helped me finish up.



Here are some of the other yummy foods enjoyed at Camp Foley:

Eating Tiny Fruit

Tiny Fruit

Rob having a beer and red hotdogs for breakfast

Steak and potatoes

We played Bocci Ball in the front lawn.




And Meo had a bath with Daddy every night


Big yawns


But as I mentioned before, Robbie and my favorite part of Camp Foley was seeing our friends play with Meo. Meo was such a good boy and had lots and fun with his "aunts and uncles".

Meo and Gib

Meo and Gib

Meo and Gib

Sarah and Meo

Dan and Meo

Dan and Meo

Dan and Meo

Robbie, Gib and Meo

Robbie, Gib and Meo

Thank you all again for welcoming Meo to our festivities and making this a great weekend for all us, including Meo. I think he had a ton of fun too.



I didn't notice he had a mosquito on his face, poor baby :(






Oh, and guess who's second tooth came out while at Camp Foley?! Big boy Meo! I don't think you can see the second one here, but at least here is a good luck at the first one!

First tooth!

1 comment: