Okay, it's time for another long post full of pictures from a bunch of fun, random things we've done with Meo. But first, a little update about Meo's development. It's hard to believe he is 11 months old now, but he has certainly been changing a great deal. He does not just walk around unsupported quite yet, but he has taken unsupported steps on several occasions. He does very well walking around holding just one of my hands. In fact, yesterday for the very first time, he was fussing a great deal in my arms while we were at the Maine Wildlife Park because he wanted to walk around. I couldn't believe it; I was stunned! Mattimeo NEVER fusses when I hold him; it felt strange, a little sad, and also exciting. When he did that I felt like my little baby isn't really a baby anymore. I am glad he at least still wants to hold my hand. He insisted on walking almost the entire time we were at the park!
Mattimeo walking with mommy (11 months old)
Other new things this month are he loves to point. He points at EVERYTHING, and we have all been very busy telling him what everything is. He loves it! He also points at things he wants to have or to go see. I think the funniest thing he does with pointing is everyday at dinner he points at the mobile hanging up in the window near the table and then blows, directing us to blow on the mobile. He usually is telling his Grandpa to blow on the mobile, and when he obediently blows on it, Meo smiles and sometimes claps in delight. I am still trying to teach him baby sign language, so I sign to him what something is at the same time as I say it (when I know the sign). Hopefully he will start picking up more on those signs...he has managed to sign "milk" to me recently. I also make hand gestures when I sing "Itsy, Bitsy Spider", and he has started to join his pointer fingers together when I sing it like he is trying to make the spider too.
Pointing at a moose
When he is excited, he loves to clap now. It is so adorable. He was obsessed with holding two objects with one hand for a couple of weeks. I thought it was kind of amazing the types of objects he'd manage to cling onto simultaneously! His favorite toys in the whole world right now are balls. He loves to play pass with us, and also seems to enjoy saying "ball". He says it non stop if there is a ball around. Yesterday, we were at Target and they have huge, red concrete balls out front of the store. As we were going in and leaving, he kept shouting, "ball! ball! ball!' I had no idea what he was talking about. Then I finally noticed the huge red balls, and he was so excited that I saw them too; what a cutie!
His second favorite toys right now are things with wheels. He loves to push them around on the floor and buzz his lips like a motor, "brooooom, vrooooom!". I am not really into trucks and cars. I think they are huge hunks of metal that are great at polluting the earth. And while I am happy they are around because of the conveniences they provide, I certainly don't understand the obsession small boys (and big ones too) seem to have with them. I was hoping Meo wouldn't get into cars since Robbie and I aren't really into anything like that. But, it must be a genetic thing programmed into small boys, because he loves them. So now he has some animals with wheels (courtesy of my Aunt Darlene and Mom), a wooden car I got in Bar Harbor, and this big, green recycling truck made out of recycled milk cartons. Also below is a funny video of Meo being excited about the NASCAR cars racing on tv.
Meo playing with his recycling truck
Okay, now here is the promised photo update of all the fun stuff 11 month old Meo has been doing. Beach day with Auntie Jess and her friends:
Meeting Louis, Jess's friends' dog
Meeting Louis, Jess's friends' dog
Our little family
Meo with his Auntie Jess
Mommy and Meo
Robbie, Jess and Ben playing Frisbee
Robbie playing Frisbee
Robbie, Jess and Ben playing Frisbee
story time with Auntie Jess
story time with Auntie Jess
Celebrating my step mom (Memere)'s birthday:
Meo and Memere on her birthday!
Mmm, sausage (veggie sausage)
Mmm, sausage (veggie sausage)
Mmm, sausage (veggie sausage)
Barbeque and fun at my parents house (Memere and Pepere):
Making a mess of Pepere's video game collection
Making a mess of Pepere's video game collection
Bryce eating jello
Meo and Harley
Meo mailing pretend mail
Bubbles!
Bryce eating some watermelon
mmm, watermelon!
We saw our friends Kasia in Henry who live all the way in New Hampshire now:
Henry (14 months) and Meo (11 months) reunited
Henry (14 months) and Meo (11 months) reunited
We went to the Children's Museum in Dover:
Picking flowers
Looking up at a pretend tree and the paper leaves blowing around
"Eating" at the mini cafe
We went out to dinner with my parents (Memere and Pepere):
My parents on their Harley
Loving the lights
Meo and Memere touching fingers
Kiss from Pepere
Visited our friend Gib at the Dooryard to wish him a happy birthday:
Gib giving Meo a ball
Robbie and I took Meo to our local Limerick fair, also known as the FUNshine Fair:
Pointing at the tractor
Going after someone's balloons
We went to the Maine Wildlife Park again, this time with my mom (Mema), Bryce, my brother, and his friend Meghan:
Meo and I
Bryce
Bull moose
Pointing at the moose
Looking at the moose
Meo pointing at his cousin (Bryce was feeling shy)
Meo looking at the moose
Meo looking at the moose
Meg and Bryce
We had lots of fun times at the park:
Fun when our friends Noel, Charlie and Noah came to visit us:
Charlie and Noah, sleeping after swimming and walking back home
Meo chilling out after we went swimming
And a nice time visiting Mema and Grammy:
Mema put Meo to sleep while Mommy and Daddy went to see the new Batman movie
Tickling Meo
Love for Bandit
Riding the train
Eating is first whole apple at Grammy's house
Playing paddy-cake with Grammy
And of course, we had plenty of wonderful days at home too:
playing in his room
playing with brown bear
helping daddy water the garden
playing ball with grandma and grandpa (he also brought along his favorite tea strainer)
playing ball with grandma and grandpa
snuggling with Buddy
Playing with hay while Mama works in the garden
Playing with hay while Mama works in the garden
Playing with hay while Mama works in the garden
Playing with hay while Mama works in the garden
Playing with hay while Mama works in the garden
walking around the yard
walking around the yard
"sword fighting" with daddy
"sword fighting" with daddy
"sword fighting" with daddy
new hat
ummm, climbing down the stairs in a very unsafe way
trying to climb off the couch :/
teeth
new hat
another new hat
climbing off the couch
he fell over and got his arm stuck in his basket, but thought it was funny and just laid there
green beans make great forks
green beans make great forks
not quite how a spoon works...
much better!
mess maker
sad face
New xylophone from Mema
fresh picked blueberries and cheerios for breakfast
Mommy and meo
trying out the tunnel Mema got him
New xylophone from Mema
snuggling with grandma and Buddy
taking over Daddy's spot after he left for work in the morning
So many things to say, Mattimeo, it's almost been 1 year, you have brought so much joy into my life, more than words can say, you are so fortunate to have such a wonderful mommy and dad, that take such special care of you, and spend so much time with you, teach you, as you grow, I love you as big as the world and back again! So glad that mama does this post so I don't miss any part of your growing up. Bigg huggs
So many things to say, Mattimeo, it's almost been 1 year, you have brought so much joy into my life, more than words can say, you are so fortunate to have such a wonderful mommy and dad, that take such special care of you, and spend so much time with you, teach you, as you grow, I love you as big as the world and back again! So glad that mama does this post so I don't miss any part of your growing up. Bigg huggs
ReplyDelete