Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lake Arrowhead Play Date

This week I decided to host a play date for my moms group, which is something I hadn't done yet. I thought we could meet at the Robinson household, then all walk over to the lake (only about 1/3 a mile away) to have a picnic and go swimming. There were about 10 mommy's planning on coming, plus all their babes. I was excited!

Meo checking out the lake temperature the day before our play date

Feels good Mama!

That morning it was raining, and it looked like it was going to rain most of the day. I decided to cancel. Then, as I watched happy little Meo playing around the coffee table, I felt bad he wasn't going to get to play with his friends. I decided to have people come anyways...if they wanted. By that time, most people couldn't come anymore. In the end, the sun came out and 3 families were able to join us. We ended up having a really nice time, and I am glad they were still able to make it.

Meo was napping when Sarah and Carter arrived, but woke up soon enough. So I had them come downstairs with me to greet Meo as he slowly woke up. Meo was very happy and slightly bewildered to see his friend in his room. He actually laid in bed just smiling and staring for about ten minutes before I propped him him so he would play.

Carter and Meo



Carter

Everyone else joined us shortly after that and we had a nice walk to the lake. We brought our wagons which that babies seemed to enjoy.

Leela and Meo

Carter was kind enough to carry all our stuff



They all had fun playing in the water and in the sand too. Meo was really into playing with the ball and scooping up sand, Leela liked wandering around collecting toys in her basket, Dominic liked walking and splashing in the water, and Carter was getting sleepy so was content to relax in the water with his mom.

Meo and Leela

Leela patting Meo


Leela

Dominic and Meo





Sarah and Carter

Renovia and Dominic

Krista, Laren and Leela

Dirty bum!

Rock exploration

Toy collecting


Sarah, Carter and Krista

Thank you all again for coming all the way out here to play with us, it was great to see you!

Leela and Meo on the way home

1 comment: