Although Mattimeo took his first steps when he was 11 months old, and has since taken steps on occasion...he hasn't really been aware of what he was doing. Usually he would be holding a toy and kind of stumble to a nearby piece of furniture; one or two quick steps. But on Wednesday, August 29th, Mattimeo walked for real! Meo and I were visiting the Portland library with my mom, and when I left them to go to the bathroom, Meo started walking from my mom to get to a platform! I couldn't believe I missed it! My mom said he took 4 or 5 steps, and she was so excited. He wouldn't do it again though; he was too preoccupied with exploring the library.
So that night after I told Robbie the exciting news, we decided to see if he would walk for us during naked time after is bath, and boy did he! Mattimeo walked very deliberately for the first time, back and forth to his mom and dad! He probably walked back and forth over 20 times that night, each time anywhere from 4-10 steps each length. So far he seems to do better walking to me than to Daddy, but he has walked to Daddy a little bit. The most amazing thing about witnessing these first steps was seeing how unbelievably happy he was. When he is walking now, he knows what he is doing, and he loves every second of it. He simply exudes joy! If you see him walk, it's impossible not to smile, he is just so so SO excited. Robbie and I (and all his family for that matter) are so proud of him and excited of this big development. We love him so much, and it makes us so happy to see him so enthusiastic and joyful.
First Steps! (12 months old)
To celebrate his new milestone, Robbie gave him his very first bubble bath. Meo had so much fun! He especially loved popping all the bubbles near him by splashing ferociously!
No comments:
Post a Comment