These past few days have been a whilwind of change with Mr. Meosaur! All of a sudden he is climbing everything, learned how to go up and down stairs properly, can blow into musical instruments, will select the correct object from his toy basket when I ask him too, is trying to say more words, goes into his own bed when he is tired, and is walking! It seems unreal how quickly he is changing, and it is a fun challenge to try to keep up with him! I am constantly trying to invent new games to play with him, find new things to show him and make sure to give him room to explore and grow.
Driving his recycling truck
Sensory Pool
Climbing the nursing stool
One of the things I hear a lot after people are around Mattimeo is how trusting he is. He is adventurous,and courageous which encourages him to explore and learn lots of new things. I believe that most of the reason why he is so brave is because he has so much trust in me and in his loved one; he trust that we will keep him safe from danger. This trust stems from a firm attachment that we work on building stronger each and everyday by being there for him when he needs us. Sometimes he crawls off and does crazy things, but he always looks back to "check-in"; he looks at me to gauge my reaction. If I look concerned and say, "that's not safe", he will usually either stop or at least hesitate so that I can get over there and act accordingly. I don't need to yell at him to get him to stop doing dangerous things, and our mutually trusting relationship is very gratifying. Not only is Meo confident and secure, but he helps me to feel confident in my abilities as a mother; at least so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment