Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Being one is so much fun...even when your sick

We are almost done with our colds/croup at this point, but Meo and I decided to stay home to be on the safe side. His nose is still runny and we don't want to risk other babies catching his cold, although we do miss going to play dates! But we have been having lots of fun nonetheless!

Last night, Robbie got the new Borderlands 2 on XBOX 360, which he has been super looking forward to for months and months; so much so that he took the day off today so he could play it.

Playing Borderlands 2 with friends last night

I hemmed my jeans while he played

Pi helped me hem my jeans

Since there is a lot of violence in the game, I don't really want Meo watching it. This has been tricky business!

Meo peeking over at Grandpa playing Borderlands

So I have been trying to restrict the time we spend upstairs to cooking time, and Meo has been a little chef! Together we made lots of delicious foods, like smoothies, kale quiche, and oatmeal.

Wearing my little chef in the Moby wrap in the hiphold

Blueberry, mango and banana smoothies with organic yogurt, milk and coconut water

Quiche made with kale from our garden, organic carrots, eggs and cheddar from Pineland Farms, and organic goat cheese

Oatmeal with cranberries, apricots and sliced almonds

Munching on celery and humus with pinto beans

Monkey under his high chair after meal time

So we have been spending a lot of time playing downstairs in our room or outside. Downstairs we have been having music sessions, reading lots of books, having independent play time, and doing yoga together.

Music basket

Toys and books

More toys

happy baby

Doing child's pose during our yoga time

Outside, we attempted to do an art project. We painted by rolling acorns around in paint in a pan. I though Meo would be really into shaking the pan, but he was more interested in either taking the paint coated acorns out, or running off with the pan.

Setup for our art project

Art project introduction

Meo and his art project

Running away down the stairs with his art project

So instead of spending a long time doing art, I watched him follow our cat Pi around instead.

Pi running from being pursued by Meo

Stalking Pi

Getting closer

Pi is outta here

After lunch, we were able to convince Daddy to take a break from his game to get some fresh air and go for a walk with us. That was really nice!

Kissing Daddy

Father and son kissing (13 months)

When we got back, I spent a little time practicing guitar with Meo in the yard. He is really into trying to pull on the strings, but I was able to guide his hand to strum instead and he enjoyed that.



So as you can see, being sick at home really hasn't been so bad! I'm glad I have a cool little dude like Meo to hang out with all day.

Here is a video of Meo saying "Oh Yeah!" and dancing today:


And here is a video of my big boy practicing with a fork today:


No comments:

Post a Comment