This morning was very special because we got to meet a darling little newborn boy, Leif. Leif is the 5 week old son of my friend Bri, who lives all the way out on Shelter Island in New York. So I was very excited when I found out they were in Maine visiting for the week and she could finally meet Meo and I her little love. It was a gorgeous autumn day so we were able to wear our boys and go out for a nice long walk and play by the lake. Silly Meo decided to walk into the lake with his pants and shoes on and got all wet!
It was amazing to be able to talk to Bri and here all the details of her incredible all natural home-birth. I couldn't help but relive parts of my own birthing experience as she told the tail. And boy does motherhood suit her! She is so happy, radiant and beautiful, and little Leif is so precious. I just loved his little coos and his tiny little toes. I had the privilege of holding him for a little bit, and boy is it amazing how much a difference a year makes! I forgot all about their shaky heads and how fragile they seem when they are so little. It was a precious moment to hold a newborn again.
The greatest part of their visit though was seeing Meo with Leif. He just loved him! Meo was so interested and full of smiles. He loved playing with Leif's tiny toes, and kept on snuggling up to him and giving him big, open mouth kisses. He melted my heart! I think Mattimeo is going to make an excellent big brother some day!
 |
| Playing with Leif's toes |
 |
| Mattimeo (13 months), Bri and Leif (5 weeks) |
 |
| Mattimeo (13 months), Bri and Leif (5 weeks) |
 |
| snuggle |
 |
| Making silly faces |
 |
| So much love in this gaze! |
 |
| More toes fun |
 |
| Kiss! |
Thank you so much for visiting us today Bri! We look forward to the next time we can see you guys; you are doing an amazing job and we send you our love!
thats is so awsome!!! mattimeo is oin to be a great brother someday!!! what a cute baby! Mattimimeo! did you want to o swimming lol
ReplyDelete