Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snowshoe Adventures with Meo and Friends (age one)

Last Christmas, my wonderful parents bought us some stupendous snowshoes and we hardly had the opportunity to use them because we had so little snow. This year is a different story. Not only have we had lots of wonderful snow, but we have an expansive winter wonderland just outside our door to snowshoe and explore to our hearts content. We have certainly been taking advantage of it! And as we just moved to the area, I haven't really figured out where/how to run this winter, so doing lots of snowshoeing has been an excellent way for get my heart racing and my muscles aching. I love it! Plus, it is so great for Meo to get some fresh air, to learn about nature, and to enjoy the peaceful tranquility of the great outdoors. Naturally, I have been taking pictures whenever we go out there and so now I'd like to share some of our snowshoe adventures with you.

First snowshoe of the winter with Papa




kiss
















Mama's first time snowshoeing with Meo on her back




The woodlands may change you!

Peeking



Snowshoe with our friends Sarah and Stella at Gilsland Farm. After our snowshoe, we warmed up inside and Meo and Stella had fun playing in the children's portion of the Audubon Center. Thanks for sharing some of the photos you took Sarah!

Putting on my snowshoes





Gilsland Farm

Gilsland Farm

Gilsland Farm

Meo and I



Sarah and Stella

Watching the birds

Watching the birds

Watching the birds

Watching the birds

Watching the birds

Belly



Laughing with my Meo :)

Stella

Checking out the animals

Checking out the animals

Run!

Run!



Meo and Stella




Stella

Play date and snowshoe at our house with our friends Erin and Conor. Thanks for taking a couple of these photos Erin!

lunch time!

Meo and Conor

Meo and Conor

Erin and Conor

Erin and Conor

Meo and I


Action shot :)

Happy Meo!

Happy Conor!

Morning snowshoe with just Meo and I. Meo ended up taking a nap part way through the snoweshoe so I made it extra long (2 hours). I ended up just following some deer tracks in the woods. I didn't end up seeing any deer, but I remember having a moment of pure bliss when I felt so utterly happy and full of life, I was practically floating. Seriously, I have a wonderful life, and I am thankful everyday. And then I got a tad lost, and the bliss turned to concentration and determination, but it was still a lot of fun.


Morning sun peeking through the trees; warming our spirits



sleeping baby

Deer, coyote and [what my guess is] squirrel tracks in the snow

Snowshoe up Douglas Mountain in Sebago. This little mountain is not too far from our house, so Robbie and I decided to go for a hike last weekend. While some parts of the trail are flat and easy, the end portion of the trail is steep and exhausting. Poor Robbie got pretty worn out carrying our not so little baby bear up the mountain and took a 5 minute snooze on the summit with me sleeping on his chest. It felt great to get in a good workout though, and the mountain was covered in a quiet mist which made our hike very peaceful and calming. Robbie was singing the "Misty Mountain Cold" song that they sing in "The Hobbit" in a deep bass voice that made my heart happy.

Far over the misty mountains cold.
To dungeons deep, and caverns old.
We must away,at break of day.
To find our long forgotten gold.
The pines were roaring on the height.
The winds were moaning in the night.
The fire was red, it flaming spread.
The trees like torches blazed with light.


When he wasn't singing, I had the song "Douglas Mountain" song by Raffi in my head. This song was actually very perfect as we were on a snow covered Douglas Mountain and our baby bear had fallen asleep.

Snows are a falling on Douglas Mountain,
Snows are a falling so deep.
Snows are a falling on Douglas Mountain,
Putting all the bears to sleep.
Putting the bears to sleep.


Taking a rest against a tree

Embrace

Another rest with a sleeping bear

Family rest time

Consumed

Up!

Up!

Up!

Misty mountain cold

Misty summit

Nap time for Daddy and Meo

Waking up on the summit

Waking up is hard

Me on the summit of Douglas Mountain

Misty Mountain Cold (summit of Douglas Mountain)

Misty Mountain Cold (summit of Douglas Mountain)

Watching Daddy take of his snowshoes

Freedom to walk

My loves

No comments:

Post a Comment