Friday, January 18, 2013

Housewarming Play Date

Yesterday was a very big day for Mattimeo and I; we hosted 10 wonderful mamas and 10 energetic toddlers in our new home for our very first play date. Boy did we have fun! The play date was from 10-2, and then we went snowshoeing with a couple mama friends until about 4:30. Mattimeo got tired early on and took a nap from 11:30 ish - 1pm! So he missed a little of his play date but he was still able to enjoy the last portion of it. I had fun catching up with all of the mamas and taking pictures of the cutie pie toddlers running around the house. Here are photos from the day. Some of these I took from my very talented friend Sarah (she takes amazing portraits!):

Vegan banana bread I made for the playdate

Stella

Charlie

Sweet Meo

Meo and his recycling truck

Carter

Carter and Conor sharing the Neco bus

Erin and I

Carter and the recycling truck

Carter and Meo

Carter

Stella hugging Gobo

Stella hugging Gobo

Stella

Carter

Carter and Sarah

Charlie and Stella

Stella and Charlie

Carter

Carter


Erin and Stella plotting

Charlie playing the kazoo

Conor hugging stella



Greyson

Charlie

Leela

Sharon and Braden

Leela

Sarah and Carter

Carter


Sharon and Braden

Braden

Sharon and Braden

Greyson checking out a new room

Greyson

Krista and Leela


Luke

Stella

It looks like Charlie was comforting Mara

Greyson making an awesome face


Stella munching on some banana bread on the love seat


Braden

Greyson

Carter and Greyson

Braden and Leela

Neve

Krista and Leela

Luke


Luke, Stella and Greyson

Neve, Stella and Greyson

Neve

Neve and Greyson

Neve, Greyson and Carter in the cupboards




Luke

Neve

Neve

Greyson

Leela

Luke

Greyson

Neve

Neve, Stella and Leela

Stella and I

Neve


Stella and the rocking horse

Neve and Stella


Charlie

Surprised Conor

Conor

Meo munching on Cheerios

Stella

Conor didn't want to leave

Sarah and Carter



Christina and Greyson

Stella


Neve and Leela

Neve and Leela


Allison and Robbie



Erika and Stella

Erika and Stella

Meo and I

Erika at 24 weeks pregnant with baby #2





Meo was not in a sharing mood

Meo

Leela and Meo

Greyson and Christina

Meo and Leela couldn't were really into being read to for a while

Stella

Carter

Pi was very interested in all that was going on and surprisingly stuck around for the entire play date. He loved to tease the kids by sitting on the stairs just behind the gate, or hopping up onto a bookcase or on the tv where they couldn't reach him. He was also very good about letting the kids pat and kiss him; it was so sweet to see. He did manage to escape to the great outdoors once, but fortunately Sharon was able to snag him (despite him hissing at her). I was very impressed!

Stella kissing Pi

Pi torturing the kids from behind the gate

Trying to get to Pi

Trying to get to Pi

Leela snuggling Pi

Pi the spy

Carter and Neve were trying to catch Pi

Pi the spy

Stella climbed onto the loveseat to get closer to Pi

Eventually there was just three families left and we decided to go upstairs and play in Meo's room. The kids all loved playing with his trains and looking at themselves in the mirror over Meo's bed.

Playing in Meo's room; Meo really wanted to read more books

Playing in Meo's room

Playing in Meo's room

Luke having fun in the mirror

Meo taking a break to watch his friends play with his trains

Playing in Meo's room

Playing in Meo's room

Playing in Meo's room

Meo and Leela

Leela playing in the mirror

Snowshoe with Alison, Luke, Christina, and Greyson. At one point, all three boys were taking naps; it was very sweet. Most of the time Meo was singing very loudly on my back; he's pretty cute!

Luke

Alison and Luke

Christina and Greyson

Christina and Greyson

Meo and I




I felt silly because I spent the entire night before the play date dusting, vacuuming and sweeping every room in the house. Well, at least it was clean for the first guests! Toddlers are messy beasts, but it was definitely worth it! Honestly, I thought the mess was kind of adorable, and it really didn't take me long to clean those ground up cheerios and hidden toys anyways (like half hour...I felt like a cleaning superhero).

Mess

Mess

Thank you all for coming and playing with us all day. Both Meo and I are really grateful to be making such wonderful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment