Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Winter Fun

 First time Sledding


At 17 months, Mattimeo went sledding for the very first time with me and is Aunt Samantha at Fort Williams. It was a beautiful, crisp winter morning and we were excited to see how Meo fared on the slopes. The hills were well worn from previous sledders, so Sam and I decided to test out the hills to find one that was not to speedy/bumpy for our little Mattimeo. Sam went down one to how fast it was, but decided she wasn't a good enough judge and had me test it too. Well, anyone who knows me knows that I am a bit of a screamer when I get scared. So while Sam was holding Meo's hand on top of the hill, they watched me slip down the mountain, bumping and screaming all the while. This of course scared the crap out of Mattimeo and he started screaming and crying with me. Not a good way to start our sledding adventure. So right away, I made Meo a bit scared of sledding. We chose a different hill that was very gentle and small. I stuck Meo on the sled with me, and he started balling. Poor Meo was terrified!





The first time we went down his shoe fell off. He didn't cry as we went down, but it's hard to know if he enjoyed it because he started crying at the bottom. This may have just been because his foot was cold. The second time we went down, he still cried a bit at the top. I think I heard him laugh a little as we went down, but I'm not sure. After that he seemed to have enough, as he was clinging onto me for dear life. So we just watched Auntie Sam sled for a while and that was fun.










When we were done sledding, Sam pulled us around on the sled which Meo enjoyed. Then we went and sat by the ocean, played on the swings, and explored the old forts. We had a very nice morning together!


















First Snowman



Meo and I made our first snowman together (17 months old) a couple weeks ago. The snow had been too dry and powdery to make anything for a while, but one warm day everything was getting melty and I was able to get the snow to stick enough to make a snowman. Meo was very interested in the whole process and followed me around as I rolled up the snowball. He thought it was funny when I struggled to lift up the middle ball...boy was that heavy!




Meo's first snowman (17 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment