Saturday, June 1, 2013

15 Week Midwife Appointment

On Friday I had my 15 week check-up to see how Little Love and I are progressing. As you know, we had done our sequential screening several weeks ago (the first ultrasound which was accompanied with a blood test), and so far everything looks perfectly normal. I told the midwife I was concerned I wasn't getting as much exercise as I did when I was pregnant with Meo; then I walked dogs several hours a day, did yoga, prenatal water aerobics and went to the gym to run/walk/swim. Now, I walk and sometimes do yoga, and oftentimes my walk is at Meo pace (which is not very fast since he likes to pick up lots of rocks). Nontheless, I rarely have a chance to sit down during the day now because Mr. Meo keeps me on my toes, and apparently I have been doing just fine because I weigh EXACTLY THE SAME as I did when I was pregnant for Meo at this point. It's so crazy, I have been matching my waiting exactly each week. It looks like all my measurements are right on too; my bump appears to be just where it's supposed to be. Little Love is hanging out down low and had a very healthy heartbeat ranging somewhere around 140-150. The midwife said everything looks perfect and I'm doing a great job, so I felt really good afterwards.

Robbie's mom took me to my appointment so that she could help me out with Meo, who was sleeping in the car because I schedule my appointment for nap time on accident (he switched from an 11:00 to 1:00 nap recently). So she hung out in the car and read while Meo snoozed, and we all went out to Whole Foods afterwards so I could pick up some groceries. I was starving, so we enjoyed some smoothies first. Meo and I shared a green belt smoothie (kale, bananas, blueberries and agave syrup); and he loved it. I got a 16 ounce cup and gave him half of it...he probably would have drank the whole thing if I let him (but I wanted some too!).



We picked a good day to go shopping too because organic blueberries were on sale for super cheap and they were having free samples on blueberry products to celebrate. So Mr. Meo got to enjoy some blueberry shortcake, a blueberry and strawberry yogurt thing, a blueberry ice cream float, some pesto on bread, and even a hazelnut truffle. Grandma made the mistake of showing Meo her truffle and he stole it! Then he proceeded to savor both of his truffles by clenching them in his hands and slowing nibbling off them which led to melty chocolate and a very messy toddler.



It was a lovely afternoon with my family and I am so happy that everything looks good with the baby so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment