Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween (26 month Meo)

I'm still not a fan of Halloween, I don't like to be scared and I don't like spooky things, but its still fun to be festive and do things with Meo around the holiday. Robbie really loves Halloween, so he really enjoys doing things like trick-or-treating with him. Here are some of the things we did for Halloween this year.

Listened to Halloween Music. I created a playlist of fun Halloween songs that were appropriate for Meo. He really seemed to enjoy this and really grew fond of the song "This is Halloween" from the "Nightmare before Christmas" soundtrack. Another song he liked was "I put a Spell on you", and at random times would run up to us and yell "I put a spell on you!" and giggle. One of the most memorable times he did this was while playing in the leaves with Robbie. They were throwing leaves up in the air while singing "Rocket Ship" from his music class, only once the leaves were tossed he would shout "I put a spell on you!".

Our Art Project. This year, inspired by one of Meo's favorite books It's Pumpkin Day Mouse by Lucy Cousins, we made pumpkin stamps out of potatoes all expressing different emotions.




Unfortunatley, when we used the stamps we couldn't really see the faces on the paper. Nonetheless, Meo had a blast stamping pumpkins all over his paper. I also gave him a paint brush so he could add more to his paintings.






Read Halloween Books. We have a couple Halloween books at home: the pumpkin book I mentioned above and a Barenstein Bears Halloween book, both of which he enjoyed. We also went to the Freeport library one day and read several Halloween books together.


Dressed up for Music Class. We are still attending and loving Music Together Classes, and this week everyone got to dress up in their Halloween costumes. This year, Meo dressed up as a raccoon.








Carved a Pumpkin. All of us worked together to make our traditional "cat-o-lantern". Even Theta joined in on the fun.













Halloween Play Date. Mara and Charlie held their annual Halloween play date for all our little friends. They all got dressed up and played together and ate snacks. It was really fun! Mattimeo happened to be full of kisses that day, and I think I received over a thousand kisses over the course of the play date, which I loved.

Sarah and Carter


Talia and Aviva


Neve kissing Meo's arm

Meo and Lachlan




Erin and Conor (the day before Colin was born!)


Christina and Greyson

Braden


Adelle and Meo

Krista, Leela, Conor and Adelle

Erika and her loves

Trick-or-Treating at Daddy's Work. Every year, IDEXX goes all out on Halloween and the entire building is decorated and stuffed full of candy for employees families to walk around and enjoy. This year they had areas set up like Candy Land and Construction Zones among other things. There was pizza and milk and tons of treats. Robbie was very proud of his little Meo as they held hands and walked around his place of employment.











Halloween Walk in the Woods with Mama. It was a cold, grey autumn day and we dressed up in bright orange so we wouldn't get shot.





Trick-or-Treating. Since Meo had a cold, it was raining outside, and I am super pregnant, we decided to stick around or teeny neighborhood to go trick-or-treating this year. Only two houses had candy, but Meo and Robbie had so much fun! I think it ended up being the perfect amount of houses!










No comments:

Post a Comment