Have you ever seen the sitcom "How I met your Mother?"? Well, I feel a little like the character Barney today because I can't help but saying one of his catch phrases over and over again in my mind, "Challenge accepted!" I have reached 37 weeks in my pregnancy at this point and had my first "full term" check-up. In the spirit of trying to look forward to birthing Link with joy, excitement, and happiness, I have been trying to be very optomistic about any challenges that head my way. This is what I mean:
"Wow, that feels like a really big boy in there!" -midwife in training (PS, not the best thing to say to the person who has to birth said baby)
Challenge accepted.
"You've tested positive for GBS so you will have to have to be hooked up to an IV and have antibiotics while you are in labor." - midwife (I hate needles and I don't do well on antibiotics)
Challenge accepted.
"The baby's back is a bit off to the side instead of in the front so you will need to spend lots of time leaning forward and doing yoga poses like cat/cow 3-4 times a day for at least 10-15 minutes each session." - midwife
Challenge accepted.
"Wow, that baby is sitting in your lap! He is already really low in your pelvis (engaged). This doesn't mean you will necessarily go into labor anytime soon, it just means you will probably be a little more uncomfortable for the last bit of pregnancy." - midwife
Challenge accepted.
I really am feeling great, and optimistic though; I promise. Pretty much all of these things happened with Meo too...except that I was able to retest for GBS at week 41 and got rid of it which I guess isn't allowed anymore. I've got this though! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment