I think the most surprising aspect, at least to me, is how identical this pregnancy has been to Mattimeo's pregnancy. With both, I had regular morning sickness all the way into mid-second trimester, had it dissipate for a month or so, only to return for the third trimester. I have been measuring exactly the same, and weighing almost exactly the same. They seem to be even be positioned the same way in my uterus. A couple differences are that in my first pregnancy I had some lower back pain and side ligament pains, but this time I mostly feel soreness and heaviness in my already-broken-in-hips. Everyone had told me that their second pregnancy was completely different from their first, and I am just amazed at how similar they have been. I wonder if that means Link is going to be a lot like Meo? According to the midwife in training at my last check-up, I at least know he is a big boy like Meo.
Everything has been going great in general. I've been able to keep up with Meo fairly well (as long as I get to nap when he naps), I feel happy and healthy, and I am looking forward to meeting my little boy. Link has been moving lots and lots, and I have been enjoying his constant presence in my life.
My appointments with the midwives have been going well. My blood pressure has been consistent (usually somewhere around 90/60), Link's heart beat is strong and steady, and for the most part, my tests have been coming back normal. The only issue I've been having is being slightly anemic...even more so than I was with Meo. So instead of one iron supplement, I've been taking two a day. I just had another blood test at my appointment yesterday so hopefully my iron is at a decent level now.
| 36 week check-up |
Even though I have been going alone with Meo to almost every single one of my check-ups, Mattimeo has been on his best behavior and has made things easy for me. They have some bead table that he really likes to play with that we bring into the check-up room, plus he's been helping to measure my belly with the measuring tape, and helping turn on/off the doppler to listen to Link's heartbeat. I was worried I would be overwhelmed trying to keep him content at the check-ups early on in my pregnancy, but it's actually been a really nice experience having him there with me.
Speaking of Meo, we are still nursing at 36 weeks (26 month old Meo), and it looks like we will probably make it through the entire pregnancy. He has been gradually weaning however. Sometimes he only nurses once every three days or so. But other times he will want to nurse a few times in one day. I haven't been experiencing any pain or discomfort with nursing...only slight agitation which means our nursing sessions tend to be extremely short (like under a minute). But I feel like we are both content with our current situation and its nice that the weaning process is going at it's own natural pace.
I think Mattimeo is as excited to be a big brother just as much as we are excited to have another little boy in our lives. He regularly kisses my belly and asks to lift my shirt so he can "see baby Link". He likes to feel him move and he even will sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to him on occasion. I think it's going to be so wonderful for him to be a big brother, and I am so excited to see them together.
No comments:
Post a Comment