Monday, February 17, 2014

2 month old Link



Link at two months old was a joy. We have started to see some of his personality: he is laid back, but full of smiles. He loves to be kissed, and to be tickled on his belly with your nose. He is very alert and seems to observe everything around him. He definetly knows who mama is and will look for me when he hears me talk and settle down (at least momentarily) the moment he's in my arms. He knows Daddy and Meo too. It melts my heart when he hears Meo talking and he arches his little body and pushes his chubby little legs to orient himself so that he can see his big brother. It is becoming apparent that Link is as fond of his big brother as Meo is as fond of Link. I am blessed.


Link has had lots of almost belly laughs, but nothing I'm convinced should go in the baby book as "first laugh". He will squeal in delight quite frequently and has a contagious little giggle. But I can just tell there is an enormous laugh inside just trying to burst out and that when it finally figures out how to breech the surface we aren't going to be able to stop it, nor will we ever want to.


He is a mover. He is determined to roll. He is almost rolling from belly to back and almost rolling from back to belly. He seriously gets so close I just want to poke him with my little finger and tip him over. He rolls onto his side easily and just doesn't quite swing his hips around all the way. One thing that is different about Link is that he mostly enjoys tummy time. Meo was never a huge fan, although would tolerate it for short bursts. Link will stay on his tummy for a while, content to try and roll over sometimes for 10-20 minutes. It amazes me...mainly because it feels so odd whenever he does sometime so different than Meo did. He has also been moving his legs as though he is trying to scoot, and I swear as soon as this baby has the abdominal strength to hold his core up he is going to be crawling. We'll see, I could be wrong, but I really wouldn't be surprised if he was an early crawler.



He's quite vocal sometimes. My favorite is when he starts "gooing" at Meo and Meo talks back to him with "goo!". They are pretty darn cute. Link also loves the mobile in his crib. In fact, the only reason he ever goes in his crib is so he can spend a few minutes looking at his mobile so I can change Meo's diaper or something. When he's with his mobile its funny to hear him because it sounds like he is having an animated conversation with the twirling toys.


He has started to purposefully grab toys now. He holds his O-balls, grabs the ring on his bird toy that hangs in his play mat, and swats at other toys attempting to get them. He looks so satisfied when he touches soft toys, and he likes to try to chew on his balls.


Link has been drooling a ton. In fact, I keep meaning to start putting bibs on him. Meo went through the same thing at this age. We had thought it was teething, but Meo didn't get his first tooth until he was nearly a year old. So I now just think its a phase they just go through.


Link has been going to Chinese school and to music class with Meo. He seems to enjoy them both, especially music class. He's always wide awake and seems to be taking all the chaos and beauty in like a sponge. At home, Meo, Link and I have been trying to do yoga together regularly. Link likes it best when we do downward facing dog over him, help him do poses where he moves his legs in and out, and poses where we bounce up and down in front of the mirror. He also likes it when Robbie puts him on his belly across his knees and hovers him in the air like superman.

baby yoga


Link loves bath time with Daddy and Meo. His favorite part is that he can splash and kick with his feet. This baby has really strong legs and he just kick, kick, kicks the whole time he's in the bath. It must feel so good to have his legs suspended in the water like that. Sometimes he kicks Meo, but Meo is never bothered by it. Meo has been a very patient and loving brother. Again...so thankful.


He seems to enjoy being read to. He gets to hear all the stories we read to Meo, and will sometimes look at the pictures. We sometimes also just read his little baby books just to him and I love the look of concentration on his face when he looks at the high contrast pictures. Hopefully he is going to love books as much as everyone else in this house does.


Finally, Link is still a great sleeper. He sleeps in bed with us, and by 3 am it is usually all four of us plus Theta on my feet packed into our queen size bed. But it works, and Link is always given the most space and only sleep next to me for safety. He nurses to sleep, and will remain sleeping almost the whole night. He usually just wakes up once and during that time he is squirmy and Robbie will change his diaper (while I get a snack/drink/use-the-bathroom/stretch) and then he falls right back to sleep. I am lucky I have such good sleepers!


No comments:

Post a Comment