Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Our first trip to Story Land

 This weekend, Robbie and I took the boys to Story Land for the first time. We were so excited. It was a gorgeous day, full of sunshine and in the 80's. I couldn't help dressing them in matching outfits and red aviators.





The first thing we did when we got there was go on the antique cars at the front of the park. There was just a short line even though the parking lot was full, and Meo waited patiently. Turns out, there was always short lines, the whole day, which was amazing. And when we did need to wait, Meo was a happy guy. If you recall, when we went to Canobie Lake park last year (http://ouvrezvosyeuxjdr.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-weekend-mommy-overdid-it-gibs.html), Meo was horrible about waiting in line, so we were relieved that he was happy and patient the whole day at Story Land.



Next, we waited at the train stop so Meo and I could hop on he could go for his very first train ride. If anyone knows Meo, you would know how much he loves trains and how excited he was about this. It was awesome.



Robbie and Link met us at the train station, and from their we went on a hot air balloon ride all together (Ferris wheel). Meo was excited to be above the trees, and Link was just overall excited.




We made our way over to the farm section of Story Land since we love all things farm. They were having a special little performance that we wanted to see where some fairytale characters told a story. So Meo and Link went to their first play and had fun as Little Bo Peep, Pinocchio and Rapunzel tried to save Little Bo Peep's sheep from Rumpelstiltskin. Link was incredibly active throughout the performance, and Meo was very attentive. At the end we could go meet the characters. Meo wasn't interested in doing so, therefore I brought Link up and he tried to eat Rapunzel's long hair.




At Story Land, they have entire rooms by every restroom dedicated to moms and babies. They are air conditioned, spacious, and have several rocking chairs for nursing, changing tables, and even a sink. Link and I visited these a few times so that he could nurse and get out of the heat. During one of our nursing sessions, Robbie and Meo discovered the anamatronic dinosaurs and Meo became obsessed. He wanted to stay and watch the dinosaurs all day. He actually cried when we finally pulled him away from the dinosaurs. Robbie and I seriously considered just handing out by them all day since he loved them so much, but I had such a pounding headache and was so hungry I thought I was going to vomit so we had to drag him away to food. He got over it and had fun doing lots of other things. For lunch he enjoyed some macaroni and cheese and fruit while we were entertained by a skilled juggler. Robbie, who used to be in the juggling club in college, especially enjoyed the juggling act.


When we asked Meo what his favorite ride was that evening, he said "the TRACTOR RIDE!" This ride was a lot like the antique cars, but it drove around a farm themed area and was shaped like a tractor of course. He rode with Robbie in one tractor and Link and I rode in another. I think he really loved seeing the pretend cows and horse out in the fields.



Robbie was really excited because now that Meo is exactly 36" tall, he can go on some of the more thrilling rides. They went on this crazy barn ride while Link took a nap in the carrier while I wore him. This thing dipped and spun way up in the air and Meo loved it.


While at Story Land, of course we needed to go visit Cinderella's castle via pumpkin coach.



We all took a turn sitting on Cinderella's throne. She wasn't there, but we got to meet her waiting for the pumpkin coach back at the station.



Link was getting tired again...the poor guy wasn't feeling well. So I tried to nurse him frequently to keep him hydrated. Here we nursed like royalty.


And here we nursed on the move.


One thing I really wanted to do was go on the swan boats. So Meo and I went on them together and it was a sweet and special time.


Then Robbie wanted to go on the big pirate ship. While we were waiting for the ship to make it's return, we played on the pirate playground. This was probably another one of Meo's favorite parts of the day.





We went on an antique merry-go-round which Meo really enjoyed.







They even had some well kept animals with their corresponding nursery rhymes written on scrolls and vocalized at the push of a button.


The other more thrilling ride that Meo and Robbie got to go on together was the tea cups. Robbie was a little worried because he could not control the amount of spin, and their tea cup was really whizzing around. But Meo was laughing so hard and enjoying himself tremendously. It was so fun to see! I wish I hadn't been feeling sick still so that I could go on some of the faster rides with him.


We visited the talking tree where we enjoyed playing on the slide.




And finally, Meo and I played in a special area designated for little folk while Robbie changed Link's diaper. He climbed on a rooster, got baked in a pie, played a giant piano, and dug in the sand among other things.






By this time it was 3:30 and we had been there since 10 am. Meo, who usually naps at 1:30, was exhausted! He did not want to leave though. I ended up nursing both boys in one of the mama and baby rooms. Then he calmed down enough to notice Pooh. So to end our very fun day, we all went over to meet Winnie-the-Pooh. Poor Pooh must have had some honey on his paw, because Link tried to eat him too.


Robbie and I were so impressed by the amount of things the boys were able to do at Story Land. We had been worried that Meo would be scared to go on things and that there wouldn't be many family rides, but boy were we worried for nothing! We were able to go on so many rides, and there were still more that we could have gone on if we had stayed longer. The boys absolutely loved it, and we were proud at how well behaved, patient, and kind they were. Robbie and I hope to make an annual visit to Story Land and may even consider getting a season pass, we loved it so much!

1 comment:

  1. we LOVE the farm tractor ride too! C usually asks to go on it several times. He is still under 36" so no thrill rides for him again this year (hoping we make it!)

    ReplyDelete