Thursday, February 3, 2011

15 Weeks!

Already 15 Weeks! It seems to be going by quickly lately. Everything is going well. I am certainly showing now, and can't comfortably wear a lot of my normal cloths. Luckily I am not completely without options. I have a couple of outfits that Mom and Sam had gotten for me, plus Aunt Darlene brought me her overalls to borrow, and someone I walk dogs (Kate) for gave me her belly band. It's fun to have a belly, it makes the pregnancy feel more real.

Fetus at 15 Weeks

I haven't been as nauseous anymore which is great. Sometimes I am a little in the morning before breakfast, but definitely not like I used to be. I also feel a bit more energized. Most days I am fine without taking a nap. Although Tuesdays are really tough for me. On those days I run an adventure program with my co-worker Kate and we pick up 6-10 dogs (depending who's signed up that week) and take them someplace where they can run around off-leash for a few hours. We try to go someplace new each week, so we walk a lot of trails and visit lots of beaches. Then right after adventure I have to walk a few more dogs for regular walks (takes about 1.5 hours). By the time I am finished picking everyone up and dropping them off I have been running around non-stop from about 7:30 am to 2:00 pm and am physically exhausted. Tuesdays are the days I take naps! It is a lot of fun and it's nice to get so much fresh air and exercise, but I have to be careful and make sure that its not getting to be too much of a workout for me. Plus walking dogs this time of the year is pretty dangerous for me. I've been wearing nonslip studs on my boots to help prevent falling, but it still gets really slippery. In general, the dogs have been pretty good about not pulling, but I have had a couple minor slips. Years of clumsiness has taught me to be a pretty good faller, so I've managed to have pretty controlled/painless falls. But it only takes one bad fall to mess everything up, which worries me! Mom has been coming on Tuesdays and days when I have a few dogs in order to help me out so I don't fall, which is awesome. Plus I think the chocolate lab, Ruby, senses that I am pregnant (her mom just had two babies, she is the one who lent be her belly band and has been awesome to talk to). On Tuesday it was really icy and Ruby would walk really slowly beside me, never pulling, and even stop to sit and wait for me if I was going really slow during an especially slick stretch. She looked so concerned, she is the sweetest!

Me walking Casco and Ruby

Casco and Ruby after wrestling in the snow during our walk

Bodie, Tika and Kelley running through the forest during adventure

Yesterday, it was really snowy! Robbie ended up working from home on his laptop, and I didn't have to walk any dogs. We ended up playing Wii Fit in the evening to get some exercise, which was a bunch of fun. We hadn't played that since we were still living in Waterboro. Now that I am pregnant, it felt like much more of a workout!

Wii boxing with a baby belly
I think the only other thing new this week I'd like to add is that I've been finding it a little more difficult to get comfortable in bed. There was a couple of nights where I kept tossing and turning and couldn't find a position that either didn't squish my belly and make me nauseous, or made me feel like I couldn't breath. But I figured out that if I stuff a pillow or two between my legs, it gives me the extra space I need for my belly and makes it much easier to breath. I know this will only get worse in my third trimester, but I think it was just taking my body a little getting used to having a belly to deal with!

4 comments:

  1. I see a baby bump in that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics, of rubby, and casco!!! awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the baby has already turned around!? that's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that our sweet dog Ruby is looking out for you! She's a great Momma's helper - always grooming Max. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete