Sunday, February 6, 2011

Great Winter Weekend

Robbie and I had a great time this weekend. We were really productive with catching up with our financial records and bills and doing some cleaning, but we also had lots of fun. On Friday night my brother Brian, his wife Nicole and their baby Bryce came over for a few hours. We made homemade pizza and had some of Nicole's delicious fruit salad followed by playing a board game. My sister Sam got to come for a bit too and it was nice to have all the siblings together, it had been a while since that happened! Later that night our friend Paul came over to play some more games.

On Saturday, Robbie and I went shopping. We had to go to Best Buy to get a bunch of random things like printer ink and a new mouse. While we were there though we decided to stop by the maternity clothing store and see if I could find a cheap pair of jeans. It was the first time I've actually gone maternity cloths shopping and it was pretty fun. They had a silly pillow you can strap around your belly to guesstimate how clothing will fit you when you get further along in pregnancy. Mostly it made me look like an alien hehe! I was successfully able to find a great pair of boot-cut jeans for cheap, which luckily came in petite so I don't have to deal with rolling them up. I also found a really cute pair of pink Pooh pajamas that were on sale that we couldn't resist buying. I had noticed that even my comfy pajama pants had been leaving elastic marks on my belly and thought that maybe getting some actual maternity pajamas might be a good investment. They are really comfortable, and the last two nights I have slept much better than I had been. I think part of the reason I was having trouble breathing and getting comfortable was from the pressure my pants were putting on my tummy. With these new pajamas I haven't even needed to stuff pillows between my legs to get more space and have had no discomfort at all. Yay!

Maternity pajamas were worth the investment!
Saturday afternoon we went to our friend Paul's house to make music with his dj equipment. We were there with Rob, Gib and Gib's cousin and cousin's wife which was lots of fun. After we all went to Otto to have some pizza for dinner. I had never been there so it was an exciting time for me. Four of us shared a butternut squash, cranberry and ricotta cheese pizza which was both unusual and delicious. That night Paul and Rob came over our house to play lots of board games, most of which I won (smile). The fellows had quite a bit of beer in them so at the end of the night it was surprisingly easy to coax them into playing a couple rounds of Disney Princess UNO (a joke souvenir I brought back for Robbie when I went to Indonesia for five weeks). It was a pretty hilarious experience.

Disney Princess UNO
Finally, today Robbie and I had an awesome day. We made french toast for breakfast and snuggled with the cats while listening to jazz music. This put us in the mood to play some jazz ourselves and we took out our instruments (me on clarinet and Robbie on trombone) and our Real Books and made some music. That was great, hopefully we'll get in the habit of playing more often (fun fact: Robbie and I met in the concert and jazz bands in high school). Then we headed to Gilsland Farm in Falmouth to get some fresh air and exercise. We walked around the snowy trails and made snow angels. We tried to make a snow man, but the top layer of snow was too icy. It was such a beautiful day, so bright and sunny. It was really great to be outside. I was really excited that the animal sculptures were still out there (I thought they were only going to be out for a month) and Robbie finally got to see them in person. They are entirely made of metal rods bent into life size sculptures of Maine mammals. I pretended to be eaten by one of the wolf sculptures. To end our great weekend, we had a yummy pasta dinner and watched "The Fountain" again, which is a beautiful and enlightening movie.

Making a snow angel at Gilsland Farm


The snow was actually quite comfy

My snow angel

Robbie walking at Gilsland Farm

Me walking at Gilsland Farm

Getting eaten by a wolf

I actually could have taken a nap right about then

4 comments:

  1. haahahhah!!!!!! attack of the wolf! funny!! looks like you had a great weekend! love the pjs, your the prettiest pregnet woeman ever!!!! and Robbie the walk......... like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so did u carry high or low with the preg pillo lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah, I tried both but it just looked like a weird growth on my belly since I already have a bit of a bump

    ReplyDelete